"View" to a Kill

boontito

Future Staff
Jan 2008
Most Insidious
But the interview went off the rails when the hosts assailed him for sharing a Breitbart article on Twitter on Wednesday that claimed to name the whistle-blower whose complaint set off the House impeachment inquiry. I don’t regret doing that,” Mr. Trump said. “I don’t think I should have to forgo my First Amendment rights. It’s out there, I read it in an article, I’ve been reading it for a week, I saw it on the Drudge Report. This is not some secret.” The whistle-blower’s lawyer has declined to identify his client, and the person’s identity has not been independently verified

Mr. Trump soon went on the attack: He accused ABC of covering up for Jeffrey Epstein, the disgraced financier and sex offender who died by suicide in a New York jail cell this year; he claimed that another host, Whoopi Goldberg, was an apologist for the filmmaker Roman Polanski, who pleaded guilty to a sexual assault charge involving a 13-year-old girl in 1977; and he accused Ms. Behar, who is white, of once wearing blackface.

Each of these accusations was picked up by Mr. Trump’s allies in the conservative media ecosystem, who sliced the interview into shareable video clips and spread them far and wide. If the point of going on “The View” was to generate content for conservative meme makers, then it appeared to have been a rousing success. The blackface accusation against Ms. Behar appeared to quickly gain traction thanks to The Daily Wire, a conservative site that posted an undated video from an earlier season of “The View” that showed Ms. Behar talking about a Halloween costume for which she darkened her skin.

You and your family have hurt a lot of people and have put a lot of people through a lot of pain, including the Khan family, who is a Gold Star family that I think should be respected for the loss of their son,” Ms. McCain said, referring to the Trumps’ attacks on the parents of a fallen Muslim American soldier. “Does all of that make you feel good?” I don’t think any of that makes me feel good, but I do think we got into this because we wanted to do what is right for America,” Mr. Trump replied. He then talked about his father’s efforts to “bring back the American dream” and repeated a common refrain among Trump supporters: that the president is “a counterpuncher” who is unafraid to take the fight to liberals.

I absolutely love how the Trump family and #TrumpCult defense for any disgusting scumbaggery on their part is to say they're just like any other person they also feel is a disgusting scumbag.

"We've all done things we regret."

So, Donald Trump, Jr. has likened himself to someone he says appeared in blackface and someone he says minimized child rape. Great job, Junior. Nice self-analysis. LOL

Reactions: Hollywood
Jul 2011
Memphis, Tn.
I posted about Behar ‘s outfit. You said “bullshit”.
When I asked what was you went into a typical TDS rant. Her outfit and attempted denial has nothing to do with Trump or his son.
So what was bullshit?
You mumbled something about fashion trends, was that supposed to make some sense? Expand.
Your COMMENT concerning her outfit was bullshit. I suggest you work on your reading comprehension.
Why would i give the slightest shit what you consider to be a "TDS rant?"
Where in the fuck do you people get the idea that your just expressing a personal opinion magically turns that opinion into an indisputable fact???

Apr 2015
Mid ATL
Your COMMENT concerning her outfit was bullshit. I suggest you work on your reading comprehension.
Why would i give the slightest shit what you consider to be a "TDS rant?"
Where in the fuck do you people get the idea that your just expressing a personal opinion magically turns that opinion into an indisputable fact???
You disagree with an opinion, and that seemed an appropriate (and rebuttal-free) response? Try an honest debate as if you’re not raised by wolves.
Obviously she knows that use of a racial appropriation was wrong and therefore gave a knee-jerk denial. Don’t see what there is to disagree with on that point.

Jul 2011
Memphis, Tn.
You disagree with an opinion, and that seemed an appropriate (and rebuttal-free) response? Try an honest debate as if you’re not raised by wolves.
Obviously she knows that use of a racial appropriation was wrong and therefore gave a knee-jerk denial. Don’t see what there is to disagree with on that point.

It's your OPINION that it was an example of "racial appropriation."
Your OPINION is not the same thing as a fact.
It's pretty simple, the fact that you "don't see that" is not my problem.