Violent random murder... 2 miles from home

Dec 2006
required field
I feel relatively safe here, but stuff like this makes me nervous.

FAIRFIELD — The woman who was attacked Wednesday at the Solano Town Center mall died early Friday, Fairfield police announced.Cheryl Ann Sherwood, 63, of Suisun City, had been hospitalized with life-threatening head injuries after she was attacked while walking to her car. The assailant approached Sherwood from behind and hit her with a baseball bat before fleeing with her purse, police said.
Sherwood died at 6 a.m. Friday. Her death is Fairfield’s first homicide of 2016.
William D. King, 19, of Vallejo, was arrested Thursday in connection with the attack on Sherwood and a similar attack Tuesday in Vallejo. Detectives are working with the District Attorney’s Office to upgrade an allegation of attempted murder to a murder charge related to the attack on Sherwood, police said in a Friday press release.
King also faces allegations of robbery in connection with the attack at the Fairfield mall, and robbery and attempted murder allegations in connection with the attack in Vallejo. He was scheduled to be arraigned at 1:30 p.m. Friday in Solano County Superior Court.

http://www.dailyrepublic.com/?p=936749&preview_id=936749
I'm glad I have a feisty skunk to protect me. :)

Reactions: 1 person
Oct 2010

I am, too, my friend. BUT - please be ever watchful and wary. The world can be a messed up place, and there's no such thing as being too careful (said the old lady who lives in the woods, with a shotgun at the front door. HAA!)

:f_hug:

Reactions: 2 people

BDBoop

Former Staff
Dec 2010
Twitter
See, this is why I never leave home.

Okay, that's a lie. I am no longer an agoraphobe. But it's tempting to reverse course in the name of staying alive and uninjured.

Reactions: 2 people

TNVolunteer73

Former Staff
Nov 2014
TN
This is what concerns me, the devaluation of human life.

People willing to kill someone over nothing..

Feb 2015
sadness

i know how you feel.... What ever happened to the plain old purse snatching?

what pisses me off.... the city just made a day for one such assailant.