Virginia’s Democratic Government Announced It Will Begin Confiscating Guns From Law-Abiding Gun Owners

CtC

Mar 2019
California
There's been a trend here toward posting conjecture as "news." This thread is an example. Nested somewhere in your links, you'll find nothing that actually says what you claim.
Sure has. Millions of false stories about Trump.

May 2019
West Haven
Red State couldn't come up with even one sentence attributed to Northam or any other Democrat in Virginia saying they are going to start confiscating guns from law abiding gun owners. Yet spyydrr and JohnFord fall for their sky is falling routine, every time.
That's how gullible you have to be in order to be a Trumpette.

Oct 2013
Upstate New York
This is something that I commonly see from Democrats. it is the kind of statement that ignores that there have been multiple efforts to actually attempt and impose ridiculous gun laws. there have been attempts to ban Or restrict every class of firearm in the United States. Just because Democrats have not been successful does not mean they have not tried.

here is a fun example: in the state of Florida and 18-year-old can no longer legally purchase a firearm To defend themselves. But they can die for their country.
The 18 year old can protest by not joining the military until they are 21.

May 2012
Upper Bucks County, PA
Here we go with the "fearmongering"! . . .
Red State couldn't come up with even one sentence attributed to Northam or any other Democrat in Virginia saying they are going to start confiscating guns from law abiding gun owners. Yet spyydrr and JohnFord fall for their sky is falling routine, every time.
That's how gullible you have to be in order to be a Trumpette.
The Red State article includes this passage:

Reporters asked Northam if he was going to begin taking “assault weapons” from gun owners, and Northam’s answer was straight out of an Orwell novel.​

“That’s something I’m working on with our secretary of public safety,” he said. “I’ll work with the gun violence activists, and we’ll work [on] that. I don’t have a definitive plan today.”​

Interestingly, Red State isn't engaging in embellishment, the Washington Post (on MSM, avoids the paywall) reports it this way:

Asked if he supported confiscating military-style weapons from gun owners, Northam demurred.​
“That’s something I’m working on with our secretary of public safety,” Northam said. “I’ll work with the gun-violence activists, and we’ll work through that. I don’t have a definitive plan today.”​

The WaPo reports the context of the question was "confiscating military-style weapons from gun owners", . . . are they fearmongering?

Last edited:

jacobfitcher

Former Staff
Nov 2014
Canada
This is something that I commonly see from Democrats. it is the kind of statement that ignores that there have been multiple efforts to actually attempt and impose ridiculous gun laws. there have been attempts to ban Or restrict every class of firearm in the United States. Just because Democrats have not been successful does not mean they have not tried.

here is a fun example: in the state of Florida and 18-year-old can no longer legally purchase a firearm To defend themselves. But they can die for their country.

Reactions: Friday13