Virginia - Democrats Flip House and Senate

Feb 2007
In my mind
I'm trying to discuss the topic and you want to talk about your feelings. In case you haven't noticed, no one cares about your feelings.
This isn't about supporting stupid shit you never said. It's about supporting the stupid shit you have said. As soon as I even slightly challenge anything you post you have these weird emotional breakdowns.
But I was not talking about Northam. You were. Am I to support the stupid shit you said now?

Personal attacks duly noted.

Macduff

Apr 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
We saw Trudeau also win in Canada and we just elected an anti Semite up here in NH. I dont think character is going to matter anymore honestly. I think people only care about policies.
The media certainly had a part to play in this. A major political scandal was just dropped by the media. They stopped covering it. Remember George Allen and Macaca? The media, particularly the Washington Post, kept that alive all year. The made sure it affected his re-election. But in the case of a Democrat literally wearing blackface and his Lt Gov being accused of sexual assault, they just let the matter drop. They'll do the same for Trudeau.

Macduff

Apr 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
But I was not talking about Northam. You were. Am I to support the stupid shit you said now?

Personal attacks duly noted.
You responded to me. For some reason, you were dumbfounded as to how the governor of Virginia could possibly be related to Virginia politics.

May 2016
Florida
So the party of the sitting governor who was literally caught wearing blackface, and his Lt governor who has been credibly accused of sexual assault were rewarded with more power.
This isn't difficult to understand.
And right on cue, you come back with "B-b-b-b-b-b-b-but Trump!". Because that makes it ok. Orange Man Bad! is the leftist excuse for everything.
By that logic, the party of the sitting president who was literally caught soliciting a foreign power to dig up dirt on a political rival is rewarded by hacks supporting him.

I would board up all that glass of the house you are throwing rocks from.

Feb 2007
In my mind
You responded to me. For some reason, you were dumbfounded as to how the governor of Virginia could possibly be related to Virginia politics.
I responded to your post, as it seemed disconnected form fucking reality and hopelessly partisan, invoking the lame ass right wing argument that the media is complicit with Democrats. Just tired, lame, preconceived Limbaugh/Hannity-esque fodder.

Macduff

Apr 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
I responded to your post, as it seemed disconnected form fucking reality and hopelessly partisan, invoking the lame ass right wing argument that the media is complicit with Democrats. Just tired, lame, preconceived Limbaugh/Hannity-esque fodder.
You have nothing. You just have generalized partisan bullshit. "Hurr durr you sound like Hannity".
Would you like to explain why the media just dropped the Northam and Fairfax stories? There are still plenty of questions and yet coverage just disappeared. Like magic. Oddly enough, media doesn't seem to have that lack of an attention span when it comes to Republican scandals.

Nov 2013
NY
The media certainly had a part to play in this. A major political scandal was just dropped by the media. They stopped covering it. Remember George Allen and Macaca? The media, particularly the Washington Post, kept that alive all year. The made sure it affected his re-election. But in the case of a Democrat literally wearing blackface and his Lt Gov being accused of sexual assault, they just let the matter drop. They'll do the same for Trudeau.

Watcha think ? Where's your thread - starting back in September - on the Alabama GOV blackface scandal ?

Did you march for her resignation ?

Where' the media pushing this GOP scandal to every front page ? Why do they hid this ??????

Ugh, your partisan whining is pathetic.

Reactions: Think for myself

Macduff

Apr 2010
Pittsburgh, PA

Watcha think ? Where's your thread - starting back in September - on the Alabama GOV blackface scandal ?

Did you march for her resignation ?

Where' the media pushing this GOP scandal to every front page ? Why do they hid this ??????

Ugh, your partisan whining is pathetic.
Your whatabouting is pathetic.
I love how you just run right past "Governor Coonman*" to. Apparently racism is only important to you when you can political points off it.

* The nickname "Coonman" comes from Northam's 1984 medical school yearbook. (Source)

Last edited by a moderator:
Nov 2013
NY
I love how you just run right past Governor Coonman to. Apparently racism is only important to you when you can political points off it.
Don't you feel even a tiny little bit silly saying stuff like that while partisan-crying all morning ?

Feb 2007
In my mind
I love how you just run right past Governor Coonman to. Apparently racism is only important to you when you can political points off it.
I must note the openly racist nature of your terminology there.

That is a disgusting use of an anti black slur. Language like that should have died out a half century ago.