Virginia Lt. Gov. Calls for Probe of Women Accusing Him

Dec 2014
The Milky Way
:think: What happened to believe the women? Oh, Dims.

Virginia's embattled lieutenant governor has urged authorities to investigate sexual assault allegations made against him, but hasn't heeded calls to resign and it is unclear what comes next for the once-rising star of the state Democratic Party.

Two women have made allegations against Lt. Gov. Justin Fairfax. But on Saturday Fairfax issued a statement repeating his strong denials that he had ever sexually assaulted anyone and made clear he does not intend to immediately resign.

Democratic Del. Patrick Hope said he wants to introduce articles of impeachment against Fairfax on Monday, but Hope is not a powerful figure in the House and there's little sign there's a broad appetite for impeachment with lawmakers set to finish this year's legislative session by the end of the month.

If an impeachment hearing does occur, though, Meredith Watson, 39, willing to testify that Fairfax raped her while they were students at Duke University in 2000, her attorney said in a statement.

Jul 2014
midwest
The women MUST be believed.

Unless they are accusing people with a "D" after their name...

And, last I heard, BOTH his accusers said they would testify.

Nov 2016
Maryland
The women MUST be believed.

Unless they are accusing people with a "D" after their name...

And, last I heard, BOTH his accusers said they would testify.
Geez, just a short while ago, I remember the conreps going batshit crazy trying to trash a woman who accused a then-nominee to the SCOTUS of sexual assault. How times change. It looks like conreps only believe women who accuse libdems of sexual assault.

FTR - I don’t disbelieve the accusers but am wondering about the possibility of a possible campaign to drive the governor, lieutenant governor and state AG (all Dems) from office, which would put the GOP speaker of the Virginia House into the governor’s chair.

Jul 2014
midwest
Geez, just a short while ago, I remember the conreps going batshit crazy trying to trash a woman who accused a then-nominee to the SCOTUS of sexual assault. How times change. It looks like conreps only believe women who accuse libdems of sexual assault.

FTR - I don’t disbelieve the accusers but am wondering about the possibility of a possible campaign to drive the governor, lieutenant governor and state AG (all Dems) from office, which would put the GOP speaker of the Virginia House into the governor’s chair.
What were the chances that all three would be accused at almost the same time?

And, all three from the same political party and in the same state?

"It was a million to one shot, Doc, a million to one..."

Unless you think it's a conspiracy.

You know like Alex Jones...

Nov 2016
Maryland
What were the chances that all three would be accused at almost the same time?

And, all three from the same political party and in the same state?

"It was a million to one shot, Doc, a million to one..."

Unless you think it's a conspiracy.

You know like Alex Jones...
Having three officeholders accused at the same time seems like an odd coincidence, one that raises reasonable suspicions of a political smear campaign - a kind of coup attempt. I cant say that’s for sure, but I’m suspicious.

Jul 2014
midwest
Having three officeholders accused at the same time seems like an odd coincidence, one that raises reasonable suspicions of a political smear campaign - a kind of coup attempt. I cant say that’s for sure, but I’m suspicious.
You ARE a little like Alex Jones!

A boogey man behind every tree, under every bed, and every political scandal against a Dem just MUST be a conspiracy.

Be afraid, be very afraid...

Feb 2019
Florida
:think: What happened to believe the women? Oh, Dims.

Virginia's embattled lieutenant governor has urged authorities to investigate sexual assault allegations made against him, but hasn't heeded calls to resign and it is unclear what comes next for the once-rising star of the state Democratic Party.
Two women have made allegations against Lt. Gov. Justin Fairfax. But on Saturday Fairfax issued a statement repeating his strong denials that he had ever sexually assaulted anyone and made clear he does not intend to immediately resign.
Democratic Del. Patrick Hope said he wants to introduce articles of impeachment against Fairfax on Monday, but Hope is not a powerful figure in the House and there's little sign there's a broad appetite for impeachment with lawmakers set to finish this year's legislative session by the end of the month.
If an impeachment hearing does occur, though, Meredith Watson, 39, willing to testify that Fairfax raped her while they were students at Duke University in 2000, her attorney said in a statement.

Could you just IMAGINE the heat if either Trump or Kavanaugh were to take the same action?

Feb 2019
Florida
]Geez, just a short while ago, I remember the conreps going batshit crazy trying to trash a woman who accused a then-nominee to the SCOTUS of sexual assault.

Actually, conservatives had a problem with her timing. We had a problem with the fact that her entire testimony has been TOTALLY refuted by witnesses and Mueller STILL won't charge her lying ass for perjury.

We have problems with idiot Democats saying that Kavanaugh did not deserve the presumption of innocence.

How times change. It looks like conreps only believe women who accuse libdems of sexual assault.

Truthfully, we're surprised whenever a Democrat is NOT accused of sexual assault. We assume a LOT of tax dollars are floated around to pay off these ladies, (whether they're telling the truth or not.)

OmiGOD!!! That's gotta be it. Some Republican over THIRTY YEARS AGO, got Northam drunk and made him pose in that blackface for purposes of getting rid of him now. Of course, I'm wondering why those SAME mean old Republicans didn't find that photo DURING THE CAMPAIGN and use it to win the election.

Jeez! We can't get ANYTHING right.