Viruses And Plastic, Falling From The Sky

Jan 2016
Colorado
Viruses keep falling on my head, they want me to be dead.........…OK, sorry, B.J. Thomas!

Some three years ago I read a science article that kind of creeped me out. Article said viruses are constantly falling from the sky. They're falling on you. Every time you step outside, there are going to be viruses falling down on your head......Almost enough to make you cringe, isn't it?

Well, we now know that plastics are falling from the sky, too. All kinds of micro-plastic gunk and stuff is raining down on the heads of people living in the Denver/Boulder area of Colorado, and undoubtedly the problem is far more widespread:

It's raining plastic: microscopic fibers fall from the sky in Rocky Mountains

We have no good idea of what all this stuff is doing to our health. Can't be anything good, to be ingesting up to a credit card's worth of micro-plastics a week, if you are in this area of Colorado.

Boy, are we humans ever messing up this planet! The use of plastic didn't really explode until after World War II, so most of this stuff is from just the last 75 years. And now it's everywhere in our ecosystems, even at the bottom of the ocean. We are told there will be more plastic than fish in the world's oceans by 2050, on current trends.

But have a nice day, anyway!

Sep 2007
N48 51.489 E2 17.67119
Viruses keep falling on my head, they want me to be dead.........…OK, sorry, B.J. Thomas!

Some three years ago I read a science article that kind of creeped me out. Article said viruses are constantly falling from the sky. They're falling on you. Every time you step outside, there are going to be viruses falling down on your head......Almost enough to make you cringe, isn't it?

Well, we now know that plastics are falling from the sky, too. All kinds of micro-plastic gunk and stuff is raining down on the heads of people living in the Denver/Boulder area of Colorado, and undoubtedly the problem is far more widespread:

It's raining plastic: microscopic fibers fall from the sky in Rocky Mountains

We have no good idea of what all this stuff is doing to our health. Can't be anything good, to be ingesting up to a credit card's worth of micro-plastics a week, if you are in this area of Colorado.

Boy, are we humans ever messing up this planet! The use of plastic didn't really explode until after World War II, so most of this stuff is from just the last 75 years. And now it's everywhere in our ecosystems, even at the bottom of the ocean. We are told there will be more plastic than fish in the world's oceans by 2050, on current trends.

But have a nice day, anyway!
Likely this has been killing people for years. Like the ancient Roman's and their using lead pipes for plumbing. They didn't know. We're just now finding out.
Scientists Astonished After Finding Microplastics In Arctic Snow | HuffPost

Reactions: Friday13
May 2012
By the wall
I think you are missing a point.

As the use of plastics have gone up so have our lifespans.