Wages 2, the thread that matters...

Sep 2011
aMEEErica
Okay, it was intended as a VERY SERIOUS topic, but I guess it didn't meet the technicalities...

But I guess obvious, but personal topics are not allowed. (and "wages" are a personal topic, are they?) ('cept there's about 40 of them sitting here now.)

Anything without a link will be taken down...

Okay, here's the link,...

40 Years Of Income Inequality In America, In Graphs

Income inequality in the United States - Wikipedia

These 11 charts on income inequality will make your head explode

WAGES... see, it's what people are payed for their labor... the job they spend their lives toiling away at, don't tell me it is not a viable topic for discussion...

OR.. here's a new twist, explain yourself... tell us WHY wages are not a pertinent topic...

Sorry I set that thread wrong, you were SO justified on calling and stopping the thread on those minor points... :zany:

But ANYTHING to scotch this issue, huh?

Thx :)

Last edited:

Djinn

Council Hall
Dec 2007
Pennsylvania, USA
"Income inequality" is a fine topic for discussion.
A thread with an OP consisting of nothing more than the word "WAGES" doesn't make the cut.

So, Thx1138 - what are your opinions and perspectives with regard to income inequality?

Sep 2011
aMEEErica
So, Thx1138 - what are your opinions and perspectives with regard to income inequality?[/QUOTE]

Gee, one might surmise, especially from the links that I believe wages are too low.

Good thing on you calling me on this thread though, nothing can be inferred, pretty much every participant "got it."

All except you though Djinn, huh?

Why don't you just take the thread down now, no one is interested in the wages they are paid.

The thread was actually going along pretty well, but there is no room here for a "judgment call" I can see.

Feb 2010
between Moon and NYC
Gee, one might surmise, especially from the links that I believe wages are too low.

Good thing on you calling me on this thread though, nothing can be inferred, pretty much every participant "got it."

All except you though Djinn, huh?

Why don't you just take the thread down now, no one is interested in the wages they are paid.

(Your OP did seem to have a little antagonism wrapped around it...)

Sep 2011
aMEEErica
(Your OP did seem to have a little antagonism wrapped around it...)

A single word: WAGES?

Too slanted a topic, huh?

"Taboo" subject matter?

I put the one word topic in there to see what you would do with it...

I was gonna come in after a few minutes and start the topic in earnest, and DID!

It doesn't matter, as long as the topic of wages is marginalized in some way, isn't it?

Feb 2010
between Moon and NYC

"Taboo" subject matter?

I was gonna come in after a few minutes and start the topic in earnest, and DID!

It doesn't matter, as long as the topic of wages is marginalized in some way, isn't it?

Sorry. Had not seen your previous/sister thread.

(I tumbled right in to your devious trap....you rascal.)

Sep 2011
aMEEErica
"Income inequality" is a fine topic for discussion.
A thread with an OP consisting of nothing more than the word "WAGES" doesn't make the cut.

So, Thx1138 - what are your opinions and perspectives with regard to income inequality?
There it is in the OP, now the question is, "what do YOU think about wages, Djinn, are wages a good thing?"

forensic anthropologist salary range

Like trying to wade through jello with these thicks.

Feb 2010
between Moon and NYC

"Taboo" subject matter?

Very viable topic.

With regard to wages, my policy is to insist on them. Whenever my employer quits payin' me i quit coming to work....firm conviction.

Sep 2011
aMEEErica
Anyway, you succeeded in trashing the thread, so let's just give it the big "never mind" and you can get back to "the games etc"

The things that matter, sorry I took some of your valuable eyeball time.