WAGES

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 2012
New Hampshire
Well, and thank you for the equally insightful response.

I just thought it might be nice to interject the actual word into the political "atmosphere."

Now, tell us how you are against wages...

I am seeing candidates and pundits, "potentials"...

A word I am not hearing is "Wages."

Hey potential 2020 candidates... what's a "big tent" issue?

What single issue cuts across race and gender, separates rich from poor, has direct impact on Health Care, Crime, Education, Homelessness, savings, revenues, retirement, quality of life in general...?

I figured it would be important to at least see the word mentioned, didn't want to see a whole 2020 Primary and General election without hearing the word said...

Thx :)
I live in a formerly blue collar mill town area of NH. This area was a diehard liberal blue area until about 2005 or so. Then they started wavering. Now its pretty red. Going to town halls and political events I hear wages and salaries all the time mixed with healthcare. One old timer who had supported Sanders, said the democratic party left him behind and went onto other issues. I do wonder if wages might bring them back? Sanders was able to at least discuss income inequality and that riled up people in these areas. Those around here frankly are sick of hearing about the social issues.

Sep 2011
aMEEErica
The wages of sin is death.

Always thought that was one of your more ominous sounding Bible verses.
And so this is the problem... those who are willing to make "sheer folly" ^ out of the most important and underrated topic in America today.

Maybe someone will bring up the topic of "science" and you guys can reduce that topic...

Get a grip!

Dems better actually embrace this issue... well, at least bring themselves to say the actual word before the GOP wise-up and claim the issue as their own...

Can't happen?

Just like they'd never try and hi-jack pre-existing conditions either, huh?

Seriously though, rather disappointed in some of the "clown" responses here, everyone knows I like a joke too, but it's also that kind of response (have anything else?) that perpetuates the lower standards we seem to be stuck with here. You are not doing anyone a favor here and your responses were not even funny...

C'mon folks, do you give a darn about average working people or not?

Thx

Jul 2014
midwest
Yeah... MONEY...,

So where the fuck were YOU in my last thread about wages, Hmm?

Stooging for the GOP and corporate fascism, correct?

See, you are part of the problem.

Didn't mean to get you so upset this early in the day...

Plus, money is part of the problem and part of the solution.

Money is both good and bad.

And, last but not least: The answer to all your questions is money.

Sep 2011
aMEEErica
I live in a formerly blue collar mill town area of NH. This area was a diehard liberal blue area until about 2005 or so. Then they started wavering. Now its pretty red. Going to town halls and political events I hear wages and salaries all the time mixed with healthcare. One old timer who had supported Sanders, said the democratic party left him behind and went onto other issues. I do wonder if wages might bring them back? Sanders was able to at least discuss income inequality and that riled up people in these areas. Those around here frankly are sick of hearing about the social issues.
Yes, yes indeed...

People get up early, get in their car, have to pay insurance on it just to get there, (it actually costs money to keep a job!) and spend their whole life away for WHAT?

And thank you for the sincere response as usual Baji! :)

Mar 2012
New Hampshire
And so this is the problem... those who are willing to make "sheer folly" ^ out of the most important and underrated topic in America today.

Maybe someone will bring up the topic of "science" and you guys can reduce that topic...

Get a grip!

Dems better actually embrace this issue... well, at least bring themselves to say the actual word before the GOP wise-up and claim the issue as their own...

Can't happen?

Just like they'd never try and hi-jack pre-existing conditions either, huh?

Seriously though, rather disappointed in some of the "clown" responses here, everyone knows I like a joke too, but it's also that kind of response (have anything else?) that perpetuates the lower standards we seem to be stuck with here. You are not doing anyone a favor here and your responses were not even funny...

C'mon folks, do you give a darn about average working people or not?

Thx
I think we have fallen into little aisles of "whats important to ME." It used to be whats best for everyone. Now it seems everybody has tiny issues they want rules/laws on or hear the perfect candidate talk about them. Whats interesting is wages cover everyone. We all have that in common regardless of politics. Yet it is true its rarely mentioned. You may be right it could be the key to winning a huge landslide but who would risk alienating all the others with their causes? I have been hearing from all the potential candidates and they all have their key ingredient, LGBTQ, trade, immigration etc. But not money. Does make one wonder. I read something from France recently during their protests, and somebody said, "when people are fat monetarily there is peace, when they are hungry for money there is strife."

Sep 2011
aMEEErica
Didn't mean to get you so upset this early in the day...

Plus, money is part of the problem and part of the solution.

Money is both good and bad.

And, last but not least: The answer to all your questions is money.
Oh Christ, you were mentioning "non-topic" posting?^

Why did you get out of bed this morning, fort that?^

No, just some "democratic thread" you felt obliged to go into to disrupt and divert and make "irrelevant."

Not my first rodeo, I probably knew what you were going to post before you did.

Mar 2012
New Hampshire
Also think that if you had told people in 1970 that executive pay would increase wildly but the average persons wage would not, there would have been pitchforks in the street. Today its accepted. "Well what are you going to do.." My neighbor, had claimed years ago the death of politics would come from both parties being corporate owned. He used to rail about how the lobbyists would take over and we no longer would care. We would then "live to work and not work to live." I think we might be there.

Sep 2011
aMEEErica
Also think that if you had told people in 1970 that executive pay would increase wildly but the average persons wage would not, there would have been pitchforks in the street. Today its accepted. "Well what are you going to do.." My neighbor, had claimed years ago the death of politics would come from both parties being corporate owned. He used to rail about how the lobbyists would take over and we no longer would care. We would then "live to work and not work to live." I think we might be there.
Heeeey you little wage fixator! ^ :p

Thank you, glad you are in this thread ! :)

And at this board... :)

Mar 2012
New Hampshire
Heeeey you little wage fixator! ^ :p

Thank you, glad you are in this thread ! :)

I just find myself feeling a bit "blah" about politics these days. I just am not hearing what I want to. I figured it was just me but maybe not. Each candidate wants their own special place that I find they are appealing to too few. Long term thats bad. That means there will be another Trump like character again who will seize on the anger of the voters. Voters get a temporary hit from decent presidents, but if its not really changing anything it wont last. I feel a lot of the ones so far are just status quo.

Status
Not open for further replies.