Wall Streets first 2019 predictions

Nov 2006
Are you so blazingly ignorant that you don't understand the difference between nominal wages and real wages, Libertine?

This is Economics 101 stuff. You're flunking Econ 101.

That 2.9% increase in wages is an increase in NOMINAL wages, NOT an increase in real wages. If REAL wages were rising at a 2.9% rate, that would be something to write home about, all right.

They're not, though. Prices were ALSO rising at a rate of 2.9% from last year. As per the Consumer Price Index or CPI. Surely you know this.

Real wages are NOT 'surging', Libertine. They are STAGNANT.

You're not fooling anyone about this. At least, I HOPE you'[re not fooling anyone. As long as I'm still around here, I am going to do my best to make SURE that you're not fooling anyone.
He's an ignorant trump supporter so hes going to claim everythings doing great when in actuality he hasn't a clue.

Nov 2006
Anyone can buy shares and take advantage of the share price increase and dividends. You can even get apps for your phone to do this. But why do so few do this and whinge at the 10% that do?
How is the family struggling to put food on the table going to be able to invest in stocks? It's fucking stupid to say "anyone" can buy shares and take advantage of the market.

Apr 2012
Englewood,Ohio
Are you so blazingly ignorant that you don't understand the difference between nominal wages and real wages, Libertine?

This is Economics 101 stuff. You're flunking Econ 101.

That 2.9% increase in wages is an increase in NOMINAL wages, NOT an increase in real wages. If REAL wages were rising at a 2.9% rate, that would be something to write home about, all right.

They're not, though. Prices were ALSO rising at a rate of 2.9% from last year. As per the Consumer Price Index or CPI. Surely you know this.

Real wages are NOT 'surging', Libertine. They are STAGNANT.

You're not fooling anyone about this. At least, I HOPE you'[re not fooling anyone. As long as I'm still around here, I am going to do my best to make SURE that you're not fooling anyone.
Not sure the poster would not fail Grade School economics, forget 101.

Apr 2012
Englewood,Ohio
My sister lost 41% of her hard earned wealth in stocks, bonds and 401k investments.

She did not get a bail out.
In 2008, 2009? Saw it happen, many of my fellow co-workers, panicked, bailed. I stayed in, once Obama began to take charge,went right back up. Investing is long term, not short.

Nov 2006
those wealthy Americans were once poor themselves. The smart one started investing early (like my Dad that was poor and now me ) and eventually became wealthy. Most liberals are mad because they weren't smart enough to invest early so they like to complain about those that are. They think they are entitled to wealth without working for it.
sorry but welfare does not pay enough to invest in the market. Your comment is standard rightwing stupidity that ignores reality. Those living in poverty can work as hard as anyone and most of them will never escape from it. The right likes to point to the rare few that do escape from it and then draw the conclusion that any of them can do it. that's bullshit

Nov 2015
UK
sorry but welfare does not pay enough to invest in the market. Your comment is standard rightwing stupidity that ignores reality. Those living in poverty can work as hard as anyone and most of them will never escape from it. The right likes to point to the rare few that do escape from it and then draw the conclusion that any of them can do it. that's bullshit
They should get off your backside and get off welfare. It's not our fault they're on welfare so stop blaming everyone. Anyone can buy shares, anyone can buy a gun. If you haven't got the funds, don't blame us. There are times when you will get the odd extra few dollars, go buy some shares. I bet they have sufficient money for mobile phones, cigarettes and drugs.

Nov 2008
Washington state
I am an example of coming up from the poor to the prosperous. I raised my family on $5000 a year back in the 80's, went to the food bank, (but not food stamps) and shopped for most things in thrift stores. Bought old used cars and did most of the work on them myself. I managed to get a loan from my Dad to build our first home for $50K. Took me 3 years every week end for 3 years before we could move into the new home. Didn't have enough money to turn the heat on, but had a wood stove to heat it for the next 3 year. Finally got a good paying job after spending 7 years part time going to college to get a degree. That tripled my income, plus gave the family full medical benefits. We lived in that house over 20 years rent free and sold it for 7 times of what we paid for it. I took that money and invested it into a small home that cost very little and the rest invested into the stock market. The amount I invested from that house into the market in 2012 has grown 60%. So, if I was a Liberal and wanted to whine about how poor I was and complain government should help me more it would fall on deaf ears around my family. We decided to change our lives with hard work and it transformed our lives. We are prosperous now and we did it ourselves