Wall Streets first 2019 predictions

Apr 2015
Banned
For God's sake, even Trump's own propaganda outlet, Fox News, accurately reports that real wages are falling. Here, look and see for yourself:

Sluggish wage growth puzzling, Fed’s Powell says

For employees in production or “nonsupervisory” roles, average hourly earnings actually decreased by 0.1% year-over-year.
Powell isn't commenting on current data and there is the title, it spells out growth not falling wages.

Hot in from the BLS:

"Real average hourly earnings increased 0.2 percent, seasonally adjusted, from August 2017 to August
2018. The change in real average hourly earnings combined with the 0.3-percent increase in the average
workweek resulted in a 0.5-percent increase in real average weekly earnings over this period."

Jan 2016
Colorado
Powell isn't commenting on current data and there is the title, it spells out growth not falling wages.

Hot in from the BLS:

"Real average hourly earnings increased 0.2 percent, seasonally adjusted, from August 2017 to August
2018. The change in real average hourly earnings combined with the 0.3-percent increase in the average
workweek resulted in a 0.5-percent increase in real average weekly earnings over this period."
Yes, I understand that the data is NOW showing a very modest increase in the real wage. I have already commented on that.

I am making a comment on YOUR BEHAVIOR over the past several months, Libertine, when you WASTED many many hours of my time, and others, on your repeated FALSE claims that real wages were rising, when they were NOT. Until this new data came out, real wages had been FALLING, the data was quite CLEAR on that, Fed Chairman Jerome Powell testified that it was 'puzzling', and there were MANY reports in the mainstream media with many economists commenting on the trend of falling real wages, including some economists such as Stephen Moore, who are very firmly in the Trump camp.

Please STOP WASTING PEOPLE'S TIME on falsehoods!

Apr 2015
Banned
Yes, I understand that the data is NOW showing a very modest increase in the real wage. I have already commented on that.

I am making a comment on YOUR BEHAVIOR over the past several months, Libertine, when you WASTED many many hours of my time, and others, on your repeated FALSE claims that real wages were rising, when they were NOT. Until this new data came out, real wages had been FALLING, the data was quite CLEAR on that, Fed Chairman Jerome Powell testified that it was 'puzzling', and there were MANY reports in the mainstream media with many economists commenting on the trend of falling real wages, including some economists such as Stephen Moore, who are very firmly in the Trump camp.

Please STOP WASTING PEOPLE'S TIME on falsehoods!
Of course real wages and real median household incomes have are higher now than when Trump was elected, here is a simple chart:

Nonfarm Business Sector: Real Compensation Per Hour

And freshly updated chart on household incomes:

Real Median Household Income in the United States

Do you dispute that the data shows they are growing?

Jan 2016
Colorado
Of course real wages and real median household incomes have are higher now than when Trump was elected, here is a simple chart:

And freshly updated chart on household incomes:

Real Median Household Income in the United States

Do you dispute that the data shows they are growing?
Sigh. No, I am not disputing any of those points, Libertine. Your level of comprehension really and truly SUCKS, do you know that?

Apr 2015
Banned
Sigh. No, I am not disputing any of those points, Libertine. Your level of comprehension really and truly SUCKS, do you know that?
So you are citing sources even though you know they are wrongly stating the real wages are falling?

"there were MANY reports in the mainstream media with many economists commenting on the trend of falling real wages, including some economists such as Stephen Moore, who are very firmly in the Trump camp. "

Jan 2016
Colorado
So you are citing sources even though you know they are wrongly stating the real wages are falling?

"there were MANY reports in the mainstream media with many economists commenting on the trend of falling real wages, including some economists such as Stephen Moore, who are very firmly in the Trump camp. "
As of just a few weeks ago, until this latest CPI report came out, that was TRUE. ALL through the summer, you were in UTTER DENIAL of the FACTS of the situation, Libertine. Real wages WERE falling, from July of 2017 to July of 2018. It was a TREND that was attracting a GREAT DEAL OF ATTENTION, including in Congress and at the Federal Reserve. I continue to be baffled as to WHY you find all that so hard to comprehend.

Apr 2015
Banned
As of just a few weeks ago, until this latest CPI report came out, that was TRUE. ALL through the summer, you were in UTTER DENIAL of the FACTS of the situation, Libertine. Real wages WERE falling, from July of 2017 to July of 2018. It was a TREND that was attracting a GREAT DEAL OF ATTENTION, including in Congress and at the Federal Reserve. I continue to be baffled as to WHY you find all that so hard to comprehend.
As you can see real wages have increased since Trump was elected and are up over last year. The trend is clearly up:

Jan 2016
Colorado
As you can see real wages have increased since Trump was elected and are up over last year. The trend is clearly up:

Yes. Over the past year, real wages have been rising at the extremely paltry rate of slightly less than 0.5% per year.

At this rate of increase, America's workers would have to toil away for a decade to earn a relatively modest 5% gain in their real wages.

Do you think that is what candidate Donald Trump promised American workers?

During Obama's second term in office, real wages were growing more than TWICE as fast, at 1.1% per year, and after a decade of growth at that rate, real wages would be up a rather more impressive 11% plus.

[Edit: and that is based on this data, by the way; other data show an even slower rate of increase in real wages, more like 0.2% per year....]

Apr 2015
Banned
Yes. Over the past year, real wages have been rising at the extremely paltry rate of slightly less than 0.5% per year.

At this rate of increase, America's workers would have to toil away for a decade to earn a relatively modest 5% gain in their real wages.

Do you think that is what candidate Donald Trump promised American workers?

During Obama's second term in office, real wages were growing more than TWICE as fast, at 1.1% per year, and after a decade of growth at that rate, real wages would be up a rather more impressive 11% plus.

[Edit: and that is based on this data, by the way; other data show an even slower rate of increase in real wages, more like 0.2% per year....]
I can see where you would be embarrassed caught parroting the lies from left leaning internet sites lying about President Trump's economic record. Just exercise some integrity and be more honest in the future and you won't be called out on those wild and untrue claims.