Walmart says higher tariffs on China goods will increase prices for U.S. shoppers

Dec 2015
In Your Heart!
Walmart says higher tariffs on China goods will increase prices for U.S. shoppers
Walmart said the company will also try to obtain products from different countries and work with suppliers to blunt the impact of higher tariffs.
By Reuters

"Walmart said on Thursday that prices for shoppers will go up due to higher tariffs on imports from China, as the world's largest retailer reported its best comparable sales growth for the first quarter in nine years."

############################################################################################
Indeed the Trump tariffs are hurting U.S. businesses and most of all consumers. Apparently, when Trump chose to apply tariffs to China he did not stop to think of what could happen to American consumers. So as a consequence, you're all going to have to dig deeper into your pockets from now on to pay for his tariffs.

Jan 2012
SoCal
I'm sure they are right and they will increase prices. So do minimum wage hikes. I don't understand why people understand this in one instance and not the other.

Tariffs at least try to keep jobs in the country whereas mandated higher wages drive them out.

Feb 2011
Boise, ID
Walmart said the company will also try to obtain products from different countries and work with suppliers to blunt the impact of higher tariffs.
By Reuters
Indeed the Trump tariffs are hurting U.S. businesses and most of all consumers. Apparently, when Trump chose to apply tariffs to China he did not stop to think of what could happen to American consumers. So as a consequence, you're all going to have to dig deeper into your pockets from now on to pay for his tariffs.
If the topic is trade policy, you'll act all concerned about preserving consumers' lowest prices possible. Switch the topic to labor policy, and you won't give a damn about any effects to consumer prices.

Feb 2019
Next Airport
I'm sure they are right and they will increase prices. So do minimum wage hikes. I don't understand why people understand this in one instance and not the other.

Tariffs at least try to keep jobs in the country whereas mandated higher wages drive them out.
Wrong

The tariffs are destroying American jobs.

You, as an American consumer, are the ones who are paying higher prices because of thump.

The tariffs on Mexican and Canadian steel and aluminum are forcing some manufactures out of business.

Read one small example of what I posted here.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...umps-tariffs-are-here/?utm_term=.deaae48870cb