Warren Buffett: I will support Bloomberg if he decides to run

Mar 2012
New Hampshire
Seems like quite a few billionaires these days desiring the presidency. Imagine they could do a lot of influencing with their money.

Berkshire Hathaway Chairman and CEO Warren Buffett told CNBC on Monday that he would support fellow billionaire and former three-term New York Mayor Mike Bloomberg for president.

"If Mike Bloomberg announced tomorrow that he was a candidate, I would say I'm for him," Buffett told Becky Quick in a "Squawk Box" Interview from Omaha, Nebraska. "I think he would be a very good president."

Buffett said he's never been a card-carrying Democrat, pointing out that he's voted for Democratic candidates and Republican candidates over the years. He said neither party has an edge on virtue.

"I think that he knows how to run things. I think he's got the right goals for America. He understands people. He understands the market system. And he understands the problems of people" not in the market."

Warren Buffett: I would support Mike Bloomberg for president if he were to run in 2020