Warren wants task force to investigate Trump administration

Babba

Former Staff
Jul 2007
So. Md.
She's becoming my favorite candidate. I think this is important. Things have gone on in the government under Trump that must be investigated.

Elizabeth Warren says she’ll create a federal task force to investigate corruption during the Trump administration if she’s elected president.

The Massachusetts senator on Tuesday released a plan that her campaign says will “restore integrity and competence” to government after President Donald Trump. She said that an independent task force would operate within the Justice Department and hold the previous administration’s officials “accountable for illegal activity.”

Warren also plans to ask for the resignations of all Trump political appointees and void any federal contracts that “arose as the result of corruption.”

“The next president will need to have the energy, expertise, and vision to safeguard our country, rebuild the government swiftly, and make fundamental changes so that it works for the American people,” Warren wrote in an online post unveiling the proposal.
Warren's campaign also notes, however, that the task force's authority would be limited in scope and that Justice Department personnel would have independent prosecuting authority, meaning the White House wouldn't be directing its work or conclusions.

Mar 2019
In Sunday School with Hognoxious
Mueller already did an investigation.

Besides, isn't this the woman that said she was a Cherokee Indian for 4 decades?

Reactions: orangecat
Jul 2013
Nashville, TN

Besides, isn't this the woman that said she was a Cherokee Indian for 4 decades?
No, she is a woman who said her family told her she had Native American ancestry when she was a child growing up and she believed them. Of course if your family had told you something like that surely you would have called them liars and fools?

Rev. Hellh0und

Former Staff
Jul 2011
Somewhere below 14th and East.
She's becoming my favorite candidate. I think this is important. Things have gone on in the government under Trump that must be investigated.

So a candidate wants a "Task force" to investigate her competition.....

Reactions: orangecat

Rev. Hellh0und

Former Staff
Jul 2011
No, she is a woman who said her family told her she had Native American ancestry when she was a child growing up and she believed them. Of course if your family had told you something like that surely you would have called them liars and fools?

But warren's family are liars and fools.

Sep 2016
My own world
That's the way you do it when you want to make sure that if they find illegal activity the people responsible can be charge and convicted without a Grand Jury refusing to bring down an indictment because the case was unduly influenced by the Executive Branch. The President has to have an arms length from the judiciary and not have them afraid you are going to tweet about them if they don't find what you want them to find. =see McCabe''s case and all other's that Trump has interfered to the point the findings of any investigation are nullified and make it impossible to get an inditement never mind a conviction.

Reactions: EnigmaO01

Rev. Hellh0und

Former Staff
Jul 2011
That's the way you do it when you want to make sure that if they find illegal activity the people responsible can be charge and convicted without a Grand Jury refusing to bring down an indictment because the case was unduly influenced by the Executive Branch. The President has to have an arms length from the judiciary and not have them afraid you are going to tweet about them if they don't find what you want them to find. =see McCabe''s case and all other's that Trump has interfered to the point the findings of any investigation are nullified and make it impossible to get an inditement never mind a conviction.

Is this going to be the new things now that the impeachment trial is doomed to fail?

Jul 2011
Tennessee

A task force with no legal weight behind it to do anything.

Sep 2016
My own world

Mueller was stopped by Barr from completing his work. He needs to come back and do that. The task force would be looking at every action Trump took as President and every hire he made and every action they took. In the IRS itself I'm sure there is a treasure chest full of cases that were made to go away because they were Trump's friends.
The Mercers themselves had a case of over a billion dollars was owing. What the hell happened to it?

You and Trump apologists are the only ones holding on to the old and tired story, everybody else just make the connection that Trump is always afraid of strong and brave women and Pocahontas and Warren are certainly that.