Warren Wants to Revoke 1890 Wounded Knee Massacre Medals of Honor

CtC

Mar 2019
California
I agree with you, but there currently is little national debate on the plight of these people. This gesture of Warren's at least raises their profile.
No. It sucks. They have been dead for ages. How would it help the ECONOMY?

The Man

Former Staff
Jul 2011
Toronto
You can't blame the soldiers for following Federal policy and orders which was based on reducing the "Indian manace" by using extermination if needed. And even California had a bounty on ANY wild indian who refused to surrender, dead or alive.
Many Nazis on trial at Nuremberg talked about "following orders" too. Not an excuse IMHO

CtC

Mar 2019
California
The gesture has nothing to do with the economy.
Exactly. It has nothing to do with ANYTHING. History happened. Some of it good. Some of it bad. Should be taught AS IS. And phony gestures do nothing for people living in the here and NOW. USMCA is sitting around unpassed. There is an epidemic of Heroin. Prescription Drugs are to expensive. Infrastructure has not been addressed. And Warren wants to waste time on THIS?

Reactions: GoaTlOver
Jul 2011
Memphis, Tn.
Exactly. It has nothing to do with ANYTHING. History happened. Some of it good. Some of it bad. Should be taught AS IS. And phony gestures do nothing for people living in the here and NOW. USMCA is sitting around unpassed. There is an epidemic of Heroin. Prescription Drugs are to expensive. Infrastructure has not been addressed. And Warren wants to waste time on THIS?
So what? This is the Political Discussion forum and NOT the Economics forum.

Reactions: Madeline and BDBoop

boontito

Future Staff
Jan 2008
Most Insidious
So what?
Giving the medals in the first place was "worthless feel good action."
I'm not necessarily against it, but I don't think it's anything to build a campaign around.

You can't argue with your point though. Well said.

Reactions: Madeline