Washington Post Gets Busted After Attempting Bogus 9/11 Smear of NC House Republicans

Dec 2014
The Milky Way
Shocking, not, that fake news did it again.

Whether NC House Dems were “lied to” is a separate (and untrue) argument that I won’t get into in this piece. Instead, we’ll focus on how the paper bogusly framed the issue in falsely painting the Republicans in the most unflattering light possible. This led to other national news outlets like CBS and left wing publications/commentators like the Daily Beast, “NowThis News”, and MSNBC’s Rachel Maddow spreading a story that in reality provides us with a classic example of fake news spreading like wildfire.

In the WaPo’s initial story, the headline read something to the effect of “North Carolina Republicans Overrode Budget Veto While Democrats Were at 9/11 Ceremony.” I didn’t get a screen grab of it, but you can see from the URL that’s it’s pretty close to what they had originally.

North Carolina journalist Colin Campbell, who writes for the Raleigh News and Observer and other local publications, noted in a tweet yesterday that in reality only one House Democrat had attended a 9/11 ceremony:

For whatever people think about Republicans overriding the veto itself without all members present (it can be done and has been done in the past – by House Democrats when they had control of the state House) ...

Fake News Exposed: Washington Post Gets Busted After Attempting Bogus 9/11 Smear of NC House Republicans

CtC

Mar 2019
California
Shocking, not, that fake news did it again.

Whether NC House Dems were “lied to” is a separate (and untrue) argument that I won’t get into in this piece. Instead, we’ll focus on how the paper bogusly framed the issue in falsely painting the Republicans in the most unflattering light possible. This led to other national news outlets like CBS and left wing publications/commentators like the Daily Beast, “NowThis News”, and MSNBC’s Rachel Maddow spreading a story that in reality provides us with a classic example of fake news spreading like wildfire.
In the WaPo’s initial story, the headline read something to the effect of “North Carolina Republicans Overrode Budget Veto While Democrats Were at 9/11 Ceremony.” I didn’t get a screen grab of it, but you can see from the URL that’s it’s pretty close to what they had originally.
North Carolina journalist Colin Campbell, who writes for the Raleigh News and Observer and other local publications, noted in a tweet yesterday that in reality only one House Democrat had attended a 9/11 ceremony:

For whatever people think about Republicans overriding the veto itself without all members present (it can be done and has been done in the past – by House Democrats when they had control of the state House) ...

Fake News Exposed: Washington Post Gets Busted After Attempting Bogus 9/11 Smear of NC House Republicans
That is why FOX is the only true NEWS. All else is fake.