We, the Walmart people.

Apr 2012
Englewood,Ohio
I shop at Walmart and I'm a liberal.

But not a communist or an elitist in any way.

I live in Appalachia and don't have a college degree.

Stop with the stereotypes.
Most everyone shops at Walmart. They just like to pretend they do not.:) i have 3 Mega stores within a mile.plus Aldis. Shopping Centers seem to be fading, but they all line up. Along with Fast Food places in front of the stores. It is still one time shopping

I shop certain stores for different things. Went to Middletown last week. Found the nicest Cardigan for half price. Meijer.

With my mini pad present I received a $100 coupon to-be used in one transaction. Meijer.

Walmart is the only store that carries Marzetti Sweet and Sour Dressing.

With so many Department stores closing you have to change.

Apr 2012
Englewood,Ohio
I shop at Walmart and I'm a liberal.

But not a communist or an elitist in any way.

I live in Appalachia and don't have a college degree.

Stop with the stereotypes.
You know, the funny thing is that area was not Appalachia until the last few years. That was surprising to me.

Lumped in with Ky. And WV.

Blueneck

Former Staff
Jun 2007
Ohio
Most everyone shops at Walmart. They just like to pretend they do not.:) i have 3 Mega stores within a mile.plus Aldis. Shopping Centers seem to be fading, but they all line up. Along with Fast Food places in front of the stores. It is still one time shopping

I shop certain stores for different things. Went to Middletown last week. Found the nicest Cardigan for half price. Meijer.

With my mini pad present I received a $100 coupon to-be used in one transaction. Meijer.

With five cats & a dog, I'm almost always having to get some sort of pet product and Kroger's charges way too much for that stuff.

I'm looking at setting up a Kroger account to shop on line & pick up, mostly because Walmart's produce is so awful.

Blueneck

Former Staff
Jun 2007
Ohio
You know, the funny thing is that area was not Appalachia until the last few years. That was surprising to me.

Lumped in with Ky. And WV.
When I worked in Dresden the village association was able to funds to help pay for advertising for tourism through the Appalachia Regional Commission. We don't exactly fit the image of what most people would expect, but we do have our share of hillbillies & rednecks. It's a great combination of urban & rural around here.

Except starting tomorrow we're gonna be covered in snow it looks like. :(

Apr 2012
Englewood,Ohio
When I worked in Dresden the village association was able to funds to help pay for advertising for tourism through the Appalachia Regional Commission. We don't exactly fit the image of what most people would expect, but we do have our share of hillbillies & rednecks. It's a great combination of urban & rural around here.

Except starting tomorrow we're gonna be covered in snow it looks like. :(
Yeah, the Grandson is supposed to go back to College tomorrow. May be postponed until Sunday. Looks like it is going South. 2 to 6 inches.

Be safe.

My town was incorporated about 10 years ago because the other Town was stealing our TWP businesses. But I have woods a block away.:)

Last edited:
Jan 2016
Colorado

I get probably 60% of my groceries at a Walmart Superstore, mostly because it's very CLOSE! I get maybe another 20% at a Super Target, maybe 10% at Safeway, and 10% at Trader Joe's. I love the chocolates they have at Trader Joe's!

Nov 2013
NY

ALDI.. yay !!! If you ever get a Lidl in your hood, go check it out immediately, my recommendation.

Apr 2012
Englewood,Ohio
I get probably 60% of my groceries at a Walmart Superstore, mostly because it's very CLOSE! I get maybe another 20% at a Super Target, maybe 10% at Safeway, and 10% at Trader Joe's. I love the chocolates they have at Trader Joe's!
Aldi, German chocoate!

Did you know the owners of Aldi and Trader Joes are brothers? A German company started by their Father, the brothers decided to split. Specialty items in both stores. I like both.