Weird How The NRA Knew What an AR-15 Was For in 1962, But Now They Claim It is For Personal Protection

Jul 2011
Memphis, Tn.
..."we CANNOT say that the Second Amendment guarantees the right to keep and bear such an instrument."
Meaning, of course, the "shotgun having a barrel of less that eighteen inches in length."

Devil is correct. The 2nd makes no mention of firearms, only ARMS which is defined as any offensive or defensive WEAPON that is normally carried and used by the ordinary infantryman. Since the writing of the 2nd the SCOTUS has indeed been "abridged" as evidenced by the ruling you quote.

Now, you guys play nice, I've got to go out of town for a day or two and can't play for a little while. Wipe your tears Rev., I"LL BE BACK! :cool:

Rev. Hellh0und

Former Staff
Jul 2011
Somewhere below 14th and East.
Why are you running away from responding to post #3?

Your posts are not serious ones.Waste someone elses time please.
why be a liar when all can see I have.

Seriously post 6 addresses post 3.... omg

This is where you usually disapear and run away.

"In the absence of any evidence tending to show that possession or use of a "shotgun having a barrel of less than eighteen inches in length" at this time has some reasonable relationship to the preservation or efficiency of a well regulated militia, we cannot say that the Second Amendment guarantees the right to keep and bear such an instrument. Certainly it is not within judicial notice that this weapon is any part of the ordinary military equipment, or that its use could contribute to the common defense. "

United States v. Miller - Wikipedia

Rev. Hellh0und

Former Staff
Jul 2011
Somewhere below 14th and East.
..."we CANNOT say that the Second Amendment guarantees the right to keep and bear such an instrument."
Meaning, of course, the "shotgun having a barrel of less that eighteen inches in length."

Devil is correct. The 2nd makes no mention of firearms, only ARMS which is defined as any offensive or defensive WEAPON that is normally carried and used by the ordinary infantryman. Since the writing of the 2nd the SCOTUS has indeed been "abridged" as evidenced by the ruling you quote.

Now, you guys play nice, I've got to go out of town for a day or two and can't play for a little while. Wipe your tears Rev., I"LL BE BACK! :cool:

nobody cares

#peacetime

Don't get into wreck now and die. k! drive safe!

Jul 2013
Ohio
Had the NRA/GOP/gun industry not seen $$$ for these weapons of war, young guys like this wouldn't be fat or stupid, but would have joined the military in order to use these weapons.

1568208042097.png