Welcome to the "Mueller Hearings" Thread: House to hold hearing on Mueller report, 'presidential obstruction and other crimes

Apr 2012
Englewood,Ohio
Anyone hear Steve Chabot going on about his honeymoon in Tenn. 46 years ago? Who cares? Then he said he admired Nixon in 1971 for going to China. Dean aid he couldn’t because Nixon did not go to China until 72!

Mar 2012
New Hampshire
What a blunder!

Google mistakenly labeled special counsel Robert Mueller’s Russia report a work of fiction in an information box that corresponds with its search engine, The Washington Post reported Monday. The error appeared in what's known as Google’s Knowledge Graph, a software tool that generates context and relevant info for certain topics, according to a screenshot taken by the newspaper. In this case, the Mueller report's genre was listed as "fiction."

Google search tool mistakenly labels Mueller report as 'fiction'

Nov 2014
TN
Mueller REport no Crime.. no Indictment, .. end of story.

(now Before the idiots of the day start sounding off "You cannot indict a president" here is a history lesson for you)

1999,, Ken Star Sealed and indictment for President of the United States that was Served by IC Robert Ray on 1/21/2001 to which Ex president William Jefferson Clinton pleaded guilty to all charges, in return for a favorable deal, by changing the charges from felony charges of Perjury to lying under oath.

kmiller1610

Former Staff
Mar 2007
Why are two investigations needed?
Good question. After 2 years of Mueller why is the House investigating?

The IG started his investigation a full year ago. It's a fairly standard aspect of his job. Make sure the government stays in its lane.
For example. FBI investigators fired up with political zeal is automatically a problem worth looking at.

The AG is looking into it because he has the power to indict, which the IG does not have.

The two investigations complement each other.

kmiller1610

Former Staff
Mar 2007
Seriously, they're investigating for obstruction? That's a new one on me.

And where the hell does kmiller come up with entrapment? The Russians try to engage with members of the Trump campaign to interfere in our election and that somehow translates to entrapment for kmiller? Bizarre.
Using the Russian meddling as an excuse to audit all the activities of a private citizen's campaign for President and attempting to intimidate and try to force violations of law in the context of no proof of any violation of law seems pretty self explanatory. Again, Clapper surveyed multiple intelligence agencies and none found any evidence of conspiracy with Russians. The FBI agreed with that conclusion then launched an investigation that spotlighted the Trump campaign.

Shall I post the Wapo link again?

kmiller1610

Former Staff
Mar 2007
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...election-interference/?utm_term=.5af87dba6691

GRAHAM: Ms. Yates, do you have any evidence — are you aware of any evidence that would suggest that in the 2016 campaign anybody in the Trump campaign colluded — colluded with the Russian government intelligence services in improper fashion?

YATES: And Senator, my answer to that question would require me to reveal classified information. And so, I — I can't answer that.

GRAHAM: Well, I don't get that because he just said he issued the report. And he said he doesn't know of any. So, what would you know that's not in the report?

(CROSSTALK)

CLAPPER: Are you asking me, or …

GRAHAM: No, her.

CLAPPER: Oh.

YATES: Well, I think that Director Clapper also said that he was unaware of the FBI counter intelligence investigations.

GRAHAM: Would it be fair to say that the counter-intelligence investigation was not mature enough to come to his — to get in the report. Is that fair, Mr. — Mr. Clapper?

CLAPPER: I — that's an — that's a possibility.

GRAHAM: What I don't get is how the FBI can have a counter- intelligence investigation suggesting collusion, and you, as director of National Intelligence not know about it, and the FBI sign on to a report that basically said there was no collusion.

CLAPPER: I can only speculate why that's so. There wasn't — the evidence, if there was any, didn't reach the evidentiary bar in terms of the level of confidence that we were striving for in that intelligence community assessment.
GRAHAM: Without objection. General Clapper, on March 5, 2017, you said the following to a question. Here's the question.

Does intelligence exist that can definitely answer the following question, whether there were improper contacts between the Trump campaign and Russian officials? You said we did not include any evidence in our report.

And I say our, that's the NSA, the FBI, the CIA, with my office, the Director of National Intelligence, that had anything — that had any reflection of collusion between members of the Trump campaign and the Russians. There was no evidence of that included in our report.

Chuck Todd (ph) then asked, I understand that, but does it exist? You say no, not to my knowledge. Is that still accurate?

CLAPPER: It is.

May 2019
midwest
You're relying on Lady Lindsey as a source of questioning? Heck, he admits he didn't read the Mueller report just like the other Trump 45cult.
:cool:

May 2019
midwest
Good question. After 2 years of Mueller why is the House investigating?

The IG started his investigation a full year ago. It's a fairly standard aspect of his job. Make sure the government stays in its lane.
For example. FBI investigators fired up with political zeal is automatically a problem worth looking at.

The AG is looking into it because he has the power to indict, which the IG does not have.

The two investigations complement each other.
Again, where in our US Constitution is William S. Mueller III's name listed to mean Congressional oversight?

Barr is looking into it because he auditioned in a 19 page letter blasting the Mueller investigation in June 2018.
:cool: