What are the downsides to pleading the fifth amendment by Trump?

Mar 2010
Indiana
I believe Trump will plead the fifth. That said what are the downsides to him doing that?

Jul 2014
Border Fence
Trump can not plead the 5th. He is not guilty.

"If you are not guilty of a crime, what do you need immunity for?"
Donald J. Trump.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
Mar 2010
Indiana
Trump can not plead the 5th. He is not guilty.
Neither was Clinton technically guilty of any crime before he took the stand but Trump is quoted as saying Clinton should have instead pleaded the fifth. A lot of pundits are saying he should plead the fifth

How do you know Mueller does't have proof of a crime?

Reactions: 1 person
Jul 2014
Border Fence
Neither was Clinton technically guilty of any crime before he took the stand but Trump is quoted as saying Clinton should have instead pleaded the fifth. A lot of pundits are saying he should plead the fifth

I was being fallacious. I was thinking about his guilty people don't need the 5th comments.

Reactions: 1 person
Apr 2012
Englewood,Ohio

We don’t know, but that is a Trump problem,too. Worse he knows what he has done.

What is with Trumps 7 trips to Russia with deals to be made, but none ever happened?

Apr 2012
Englewood,Ohio

Clinton was trying to obey the law. Something Trump has no concept of.

Even the Judge in the Clinton case said his answer on sex was technically right. But again,you had a vindictive Republican Party.

When Scarborough goes all. Holier than thou, keep in mind he was in the forefront of that mob. He also gave Trump daily exposure and when he managed to get Clinton on his show for a brief time he looked like another Monica.

Ian Jeffrey

Council Hall
Mar 2013
Vulcan, down the street from Darth Vader
Isn't "immunity" and pleading the fifth two different things?
Sort of, but they are related. A person cannot be required to give an answer that could incriminate him - i.e., he cannot be required to be a witness against himself. Immunity removes his legal ability to "plead the 5th," since he then is unable to incriminate himself by definition.

Reactions: 4 people