What Did Rep Ilhan Omar Say?

Jul 2016
BAN THE TROLL!!!!
Again, her tweet:

Ilhan Omar on Twitter: "Israel has hypnotized the world ...
https://twitter.com/IlhanMN/status/269488770066313216
Nov 16, 2012 · Israel has hypnotized the world, may Allah awaken the people and help them see the evil doings of Israel. #Gaza #Palestine #Israel. 9:15 AM - 16 Nov 2012. 2,657 Retweets 3,163 Likes 12,831 replies 2,657 retweets 3,163 likes. Reply. Retweet. Retweeted. Like. Liked. New conversation
SORRY THAT PAGE DOESNT EXIST!

Jan 2019
USA
Because it doesn’t exist.
It certainly does, this is the only leftist source I found reporting on it. You did not think CNN would report on it, did you?
There are plenty of search results for it, most you guys would outright dismiss as folks here seem to think only leftist sources are credible.
==========

Rep. Omar apologizes for tweet about Israel | TheHill
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/426425-rep-omar-apologizes-for...
Omar has been under scrutiny for a 2012 tweet amid the Israeli conflict with Hamas in Gaza, in which she wrote: “Israel has hypnotized the world, may Allah awaken the people and help them see ...

Jan 2019
USA
It may exist somewhere, maybe om Wayback.

Regardless, it has nothing to do with the speech I linked to that precipitated such outrage.

Now. What did she say IN THAT SPEECH to get all the righties tighties twisted???
She has a history of anti Semitism (being a Muslim, this is hardly a shocker as they are historical enemies)
Who cares what speech it was said in, she said it.

Jul 2016
BAN THE TROLL!!!!
It certainly does, this is the only leftist source I found reporting on it. You did not think CNN would report on it, did you?
There are plenty of search results for it, most you guys would outright dismiss as folks here seem to think only leftist sources are credible.
==========

Rep. Omar apologizes for tweet about Israel | TheHill
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/426425-rep-omar-apologizes-for...
Omar has been under scrutiny for a 2012 tweet amid the Israeli conflict with Hamas in Gaza, in which she wrote: “Israel has hypnotized the world, may Allah awaken the people and help them see ...
The Hill is far from a leftist source.

In fact, given the writer, it could be a rightist source.

But given the circumstances behind the tweet in 2012 and the universally accepted explanation and apology, so what?

Is it any different than the millions of offensive things Trump has said?

Anyhow, we’re going back on topic. Right after I got post this, her heartfelt apology or that tweet, which you conveniently left out.

“In all sincerity, it was after my CNN interview that I heard from Jewish orgs. that my use of the word ‘Hypnotize’ and the ugly sentiment it holds was offensive,” Omar wrote in a tweet directed at Weiss.

She wrote that Weiss was “correct” in writing that “perhaps Ms. Omar is sincerely befuddled and not simply deflecting.”

Omar said that she had been focused in trying to put her past tweet "in the context of the Gaza War" rather than acknowledging why it may have been offensive.

“It’s now apparent to me that I spent lots of energy putting my 2012 tweet in context and little energy is disavowing the anti-semitic trope I unknowingly used, which is unfortunate and offensive,” Omar wrote.”