What Did Rep Ilhan Omar Say?

Jan 2019
USA
The Hill is far from a leftist source.

In fact, given the writer, it could be a rightist source.

But given the circumstances behind the tweet in 2012 and the universally accepted explanation and apology, so what?

Is it any different than the millions of offensive things Trump has said?

Anyhow, we’re going back on topic. Right after I got post this, her heartfelt apology or that tweet, which you conveniently left out.

“In all sincerity, it was after my CNN interview that I heard from Jewish orgs. that my use of the word ‘Hypnotize’ and the ugly sentiment it holds was offensive,” Omar wrote in a tweet directed at Weiss.

She wrote that Weiss was “correct” in writing that “perhaps Ms. Omar is sincerely befuddled and not simply deflecting.”

Omar said that she had been focused in trying to put her past tweet "in the context of the Gaza War" rather than acknowledging why it may have been offensive.

“It’s now apparent to me that I spent lots of energy putting my 2012 tweet in context and little energy is disavowing the anti-semitic trope I unknowingly used, which is unfortunate and offensive,” Omar wrote.”
Sounds sooo very genuine in light of her recently accusing Americans of "dual loyalty....

First you all denied it was ever said, have we moved past that? Hey, that's a bit of progress.

Jan 2019
USA
Funny that it works only for you, don't you agree?
I just clicked and saw the twitter window and closed it, tried again and it did say not found. I am shocked that twitter would purge that post. Don't they know nothing is ever truly deleted?

Are you still denying she said it? Would she often apologize for things she never said? See previous page, article from The Hill.

Jul 2011
Memphis, Tn.
I just clicked and saw the twitter window and closed it, tried again and it did say not found. I am shocked that twitter would purge that post. Don't they know nothing is ever truly deleted?

Are you still denying she said it? Would she often apologize for things she never said? See previous page, article from The Hill.
No proof.
Then it never happened.
*shrug*

Jul 2011
Memphis, Tn.
Well, I'll be damned. A RW conservative that was not lying through his teeth. I am duly impressed, you have my congradulations.
However, I do not consider her statement to be particularily anti-semetic. I find it to be highly critical of the policies of the Israeli government.
The conflict between the Israeli government and the Palestine people is indeed tragic. A history proffessor of mine many years ago said that a true tradegy was not necessarily a conflict between right and wrong but rather a conflict between right and right.

Jul 2011
Memphis, Tn.
Crickets, huhh? Cat got your tongue?
Oh, I'm terribly sorry old boy.
I just didn't realize that I needed to ask your permission to go out, buy a local newspaper and eat an early lunch at a local diner. Mea Culpa.

I'm thinking about going down the hall and taking a post-lunch shit. that OK with you?

Jan 2019
USA
Oh, I'm terribly sorry old boy.
I just didn't realize that I needed to ask your permission to go out, buy a local newspaper and eat an early lunch at a local diner. Mea Culpa.

I'm thinking about going down the hall and taking a post-lunch shit. that OK with you?
lol, I posted that just after midnight. How does that crow taste?

PS, don't forget your Metamucil, it will keep you regular.