what did you learn?

Jan 2016
Colorado
Imagine you die and find yourself in the afterlife.

Some sentient being greets you and ushers you to a room with a pen and scroll.

he says to you, "you have lived for ___ years on earth, but your time there is over. Please write on this scroll the significant things you have learned from your journey on Earth."

what do you write (it can be about yourself, human nature, life, spirituality, etc) ?
I learned that it is easier to fool someone than to convince them that they have been fooled. I learned that from Mark Twain.

I learned that if you don't know where you're going, you might not get there. I learned that from Yogi Berra.

I learned that the cure for boredom is curiosity, and that there is no cure for curiosity. I learned that from Dorothy Parker.

I learned that Christians build bridges, not walls. I learned that from Pope Francis.

Jan 2014
south

he says to you, "you have lived for ___ years on earth, but your time there is over. Please write on this scroll the significant things you have learned from your journey on Earth."

what do you write (it can be about yourself, human nature, life, spirituality, etc) ?
I learned how to think for myself and not about myself.

Jul 2019
Heartland

You mean to say that they don't have computers with word programs? Pens and scrolls are barely a step-up from chisled stone tablets. Do they even have indoor plumbing?

edited typo.