What does the Bible say about Christmas Trees?

Djinn

Council Hall
Dec 2007
Pennsylvania, USA
Surprisingly, the Bible is very clear when it comes to Christmas trees. But hey - you gotta pick and choose your battles. Even those with God.

================
Jeremiah 10:2-4

2 Thus saith the Lord, Learn not the way of the heathen, and be not dismayed at the signs of heaven; for the heathen are dismayed at them.

3 For the customs of the people are vain: for one cutteth a tree out of the forest, the work of the hands of the workman, with the axe.

4 They deck it with silver and with gold; they fasten it with nails and with hammers, that it move not.
================

This is a literal, non-metaphorical description of cutting down, mounting, and decorating a Christmas tree. There's no other viable interpretation, unless you assume that the writer/God was winking conspiratorially while writing it.

On the other hand, if you're cool with "learning the vain ways of the heathen," take comfort in the fact that you have LOTS of company.

Mar 2019
God's Country
Surprisingly, the Bible is very clear when it comes to Christmas trees. But hey - you gotta pick and choose your battles. Even those with God.

================

2 Thus saith the Lord, Learn not the way of the heathen, and be not dismayed at the signs of heaven; for the heathen are dismayed at them.

3 For the customs of the people are vain: for one cutteth a tree out of the forest, the work of the hands of the workman, with the axe.

4 They deck it with silver and with gold; they fasten it with nails and with hammers, that it move not.
================

This is a literal, non-metaphorical description of cutting down, mounting, and decorating a Christmas tree. There's no other viable interpretation, unless you assume that the writer/God was winking conspiratorially while writing it.

On the other hand, if you're cool with "learning the vain ways of the heathen," take comfort in the fact that you have LOTS of company.
"Christmas trees" didn't exist back in the Old Testament.
1575641893140.png

Nov 2015
UK
Christmas came much later after Christ's birth and resurrection. Any Bible verse that could be interrupted as Christmas trees purely relates to idolatry.

Reactions: Hognoxious

Rev. Hellh0und

Former Staff
Jul 2011
Somewhere below 14th and East.

================

================

Not an intent to derail, but I forgot my glasses and I was wondering why the hell would we care what biden says about christmas trees. hahahahaha

on the topic, Christmas trees were part of the "YULE" which is odinist in nature. Yule trees were viking in origin.

Djinn

Council Hall
Dec 2007
Pennsylvania, USA
Not an intent to derail, but I forgot my glasses and I was wondering why the hell would we care what biden says about christmas trees. hahahahaha

on the topic, Christmas trees were part of the "YULE" which is odinist in nature. Yule trees were viking in origin.
It would certainly explain why Christmas trees tend to be evergreens - which are hardly commonplace in the Holy lands.