What Happened To Chinese Gangs?

Jun 2014
Cleveland, Ohio
oh. no wonder I didnt see the news coverage of the chinese gangs :dopey:

Re MadMen Not yet, but I will one of these days.. I like the 50s fashion. Strange that men's hats disappeared from the fashion scene almost overnight it seems. Look at any picture from the 50s and all the men are wearing hats, then poof.. all gone.

Men's hats are a sad loss. So sexy.

Jun 2014
Cleveland, Ohio
BTW, same thing happened with Armenian and Columbian gangs, although neither one was very long-lasting. But throughout the 1980's, they were constantly in the news as "the worst" of the gangs, measured by sadism.

Then proof! They're gone.

What causes this?

Sep 2012
SoCal
Not only that, but they were almost ALL fedoras. Same KIND of hat, every last one of them. I saw a picture of Times Square from the 1950's one time, and I think more than 99% of the men were wearing a Fedora. HUNDREDS of them, if not in the thousands.

I often wear a Fedora today, because I think they look cool, and to STAND OUT. Because very FEW men wear Fedoras TODAY. Heh.
I wear fedoras...and Panamas...and straw "cowboy" hats...and others.

Jun 2011
God Bless Texas
BTW, same thing happened with Armenian and Columbian gangs, although neither one was very long-lasting. But throughout the 1980's, they were constantly in the news as "the worst" of the gangs, measured by sadism.

What causes this?
The media. What they choose to focus on. Some would say what the government wants you to pay attention to ATM.

Jun 2011
God Bless Texas

What causes this?
Also depends on where you are. Around here, AB controlled the meth trade until the AC kicked their collective asses. I am told now the Mexican Cartels have moved in, and they don't have to do much ass kicking. They basically say oh you are in the meth business? Well, now you work for me.

In Fort Worth over a decade ago it was clear who was the most dangerous. The Mexicans. That is the roughest part of my city too then and now. I would walk through Crip or AB/AC territory in the middle of the night before driving in Cartel territory. In fact I am pretty sure I LIVE IN some sort of Aryan territory. But nothing seems to happen between them and the Crips around the corner. As long as everyone stays in their places, I guess.

Jul 2011
Memphis, Tn.
oh. no wonder I didnt see the news coverage of the chinese gangs :dopey:

Re MadMen Not yet, but I will one of these days.. I like the 50s fashion. Strange that men's hats disappeared from the fashion scene almost overnight it seems. Look at any picture from the 50s and all the men are wearing hats, then poof.. all gone.

JFK killed hats for men. Look at all the publicity photos, he almost never wore hats, prior to his Presidency almost all men wore hats in public.