What Happened To Chinese Gangs?

Sep 2013
On a hill
I grew up absolutely convinced the most successful, vicious, deadly gangs in the U.S. were Chinese. Mostly in New York and California, of course. Preyed on their communities and controlled almost all the hard drug trade in the country.

Haven't heard a peep about them in decades, seems like.

Were they never as dangerous as portrayed? Did they all go legit?

Why do types of gangs come and go?
I remember the gang wars in San Francisco's Chinatown.

This article says the Chinatown violence in the 70s was due to conflict between American born Chinese, and immigrants. It was stopped by a police crackdown.

https://www.sfchronicle.com/crime/article/Chinatown-gang-feud-ignited-one-of-SF-s-worst-8348992.php

Jun 2006
Vancouver
In my area, they matured. They don’t dress like pimps and street race in sports cars. They just do their jobs and act normal. Let the low level white and Indo clowns do the actual street dealing that gets you noticed, and in and out of jail.

95% of heroin in BC now contains fentanyl. And fentanyl is made in China.

Jun 2014
Cleveland, Ohio
In my area, they matured. They don’t dress like pimps and street race in sports cars. They just do their jobs and act normal. Let the low level white and Indo clowns do the actual street dealing that gets you noticed, and in and out of jail.

95% of heroin in BC now contains fentanyl. And fentanyl is made in China.
So you think Chinese-Canadian gangsters are involved in importing it?

Jan 2016
Colorado
JFK killed hats for men. Look at all the publicity photos, he almost never wore hats, prior to his Presidency almost all men wore hats in public.
You sure about this? I can't recall Richard Nixon ever wearing a hat, either. And I tried to find a photo of Nixon with a hat, and couldn't find one. Did find some of Eisenhower with a fedora.

Jun 2014
Cleveland, Ohio
You sure about this? I can't recall Richard Nixon ever wearing a hat, either. And I tried to find a photo of Nixon with a hat, and couldn't find one. Did find some of Eisenhower with a fedora.
Few men wanted to dress like Richard Nixon.