What has Trump done for people who sincerely sought his help?

Jul 2013
Nashville, TN
He gave veterans more health care options so they can now go outside of the VA.

You don't think that is helping normal Americans?
Speaking as a Veteran, you are full of shit, the paperwork and bureaucracy to do that is horrendous, I have been trying for months to switch to a dialysis center literally across the street from my house and still have to drive miles and miles to another suburb to get treatment. #Trumpcult, reality actually is not #alternativefacts

Jun 2007
Ohio
In the Current Events post about Elizabeth Warren getting a warm welcome and nodding response in a West Virginia town, you get the impression that there is a swath of voters who truly thought Trump would help them. They seem willing to listen to an east coast professor lady by way of Oklahoma.

So what has Trump done to fulfill his promises to people who used to put their kids through college on mining and manufacturing but now are lucky to work at Walmart?

Is Appalachia better off?
It's about the same here in Ohio except we are experiencing a wave of black lung disease & the trust fund that helps pay for treatment is about to be cut.

Coal Miners' Fund Set For Deep Cuts As Black Lung Epidemic Grows

Sep 2014
USA
It's about the same here in Ohio except we are experiencing a wave of black lung disease & the trust fund that helps pay for treatment is about to be cut.

Coal Miners' Fund Set For Deep Cuts As Black Lung Epidemic Grows
My husbands cousin was just awarded black lung benefits. He barely had 15 years in the mines but smoked 3 packs of cigarettes a day and still does. My Dad has over 20 years in and his lungs are perfect at 92 years of age. My cousin has 30 years in and his lungs are fine. The difference, my Dad only smoked for a few years while in the Army and my cousin never smoked in his life. My cousins husband took his benefits in a lump sum and from what I can see, it was very nice. It really depends on how good your lawyer is. I had a uncle who was awarded black lung 20 years ago and he was recently cut off because he is not sick and 80 years old.

Jun 2014
United States
My husbands cousin was just awarded black lung benefits. He barely had 15 years in the mines but smoked 3 packs of cigarettes a day and still does. My Dad has over 20 years in and his lungs are perfect at 92 years of age. My cousin has 30 years in and his lungs are fine. The difference, my Dad only smoked for a few years while in the Army and my cousin never smoked in his life. My cousins husband took his benefits in a lump sum and from what I can see, it was very nice. It really depends on how good your lawyer is. I had a uncle who was awarded black lung 20 years ago and he was recently cut off because he is not sick and 80 years old.

So then, black lung disease is just a conspiracy theory propagated by coal mining welfare queens/kings? I've known people who smoked 3 packs a day all their lives and lived into their 90s without lung disease. Does that mean that lung cancer associated with smoking tobacco is also a conspiracy theory?