What if alternative energy isnt all its cracked up to be?

May 2012
By the wall
If you take the stupid climate change argument out of it then renewables certainly have a niche to fill in society.

Hell my boat is almost completely run by solar power.

It is certainly one area I think needs more investment because I don't think we've found or have the technology yet, to create the thing that will replace fossil fuels.

But yeah, I would go with nuclear right now.

johnflesh

Former Staff
Feb 2007
Weirdo
True renewable energy that benefits all would be DIY energy. IE; something anyone can do on their own or with a kit of sorts.

Relying on it to be sold to us is a huge barrier.

Jul 2013
Nashville, TN
We all know the real problem, Democrats putting too many regulations on good and benevolent Corporations, everyone knows that corporations are in business for the good of the people, everyone. Thank god for Donald Trump, the savior of the country. He will never let evil Democrats put nasty regulations on corporations and billionaires.
shopping.png

Reactions: Redwood Burl
Nov 2017
Colorado
We all know the real problem, Democrats putting too many regulations on good and benevolent Corporations, everyone knows that corporations are in business for the good of the people, everyone. Thank god for Donald Trump, the savior of the country. He will never let evil Democrats put nasty regulations on corporations and billionaires.
View attachment 26679
Yup, Americans, 5 percent of the world's population, consume only about 25 percent of the world's energy production.

Under MAGA, maybe we can up that to 35, maybe 40 percent.