What Is The Religion Of Mass Public Shooters?

Jan 2015
Great State of Texas
After the attack at the Santa Fe High School, Texas Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick denounced a loss of faith and religion in society. While the news media puts the lives of these mass public killers under a microscope, collecting any information that can be gleaned about their childhoods from their family and friends and social media history, researchers have ignored the religious views of these killers.

What is most shocking is how few of these killers appear to be religious, let alone Christian. Just 16 percent have any type of religious affiliation at the time of their attacks, with a slight majority of those being Muslims.

http://dailycaller.com/2018/05/26/religion-of-mass-public-shooters/

Interesting article from DC.

One thing is for sure. Mass public shootings are certainly more common today and seem to be increasing in numbers.

Is there an explanation?

Jan 2015
Great State of Texas
It is your thread.

Are you blaming the lack of devotion to mythological ritual practices as a root factor in these shootings? Do your gods, presumably omnipotent, agree with the actions of these shooters and hence refuse to stop them?
I'm not blaming anything.

Perhaps you should read the article in the OP before just spewing your hatred for Christians.

Reactions: 1 person
Jun 2014
United States
One thing is for sure. Mass public shootings are certainly more common today and seem to be increasing in numbers.

Is there an explanation?

Sure there is.

One thing's for certain, and that is the fact that a lack of religious belief among a nation's population doesn't correlate to a higher incidence of mass public shootings. The nations who have the lowest occurrence of such incidents feature distinctly less religious populations than we have here in the US, and we are the undisputed champions when it comes to prevalence of gun violence.

Reactions: 8 people
Feb 2007
In my mind
I'm not blaming anything.

Perhaps you should read the article in the OP before just spewing your hatred for Christians.
My disdain applies to all religions, and individual practitioners, not adherents as a whole.

It seems silly to blame shootings on lack of religion. Perhaps if we sacrificed more goats or chanted more these sorts of things would not happen.

Reactions: 2 people
Jan 2015
Great State of Texas
Sure there is.

One thing's for certain, and that is the fact that a lack of religious belief among a nation's population doesn't correlate to a higher incidence of mass public shootings. The nations who have the lowest occurrence of such incidents feature distinctly less religious populations than we have here in the US, and we are the undisputed champions when it comes to prevalence of gun violence.
We are not discussing gun violence.

We are discussing mass public shootings.