What is the right rate for federal taxes?

Nov 2014
North Carolina
so you're okay with constant borrowing to meet expenses?
I would prefer that we had a tax code that automatically adjusted to pay for our finances like I explained.

But what I"m ok with is irrelevant. Realistically - my preferred solution just isn't going to happen.

Sometimes you have to work with what you have whether you are ok with it or not.

Jan 2014
south
I would prefer that we had a tax code that automatically adjusted to pay for our finances like I explained.

But what I"m ok with is irrelevant. Realistically - my preferred solution just isn't going to happen.

Sometimes you have to work with what you have whether you are ok with it or not.
even though you fully understand that it's gonna cost you big time in the future - or it's gonna cost your children?

Nov 2014
North Carolina
even though you fully understand that it's gonna cost you big time in the future - or it's gonna cost your children?
It's like I explained: I believe the only realistic avenue to avert a financial disaster in the future is to grow our way out of debt with massive and sustained economic growth. We are going to be borrowing money in the meantime regardless - because neither political party is going to allow for a platform that would prevent us from having to borrow money. That's just not a realistic expectation.

Apr 2015
Banned
Mitt Romneys tax return that he submitted when running for president said he made 20 million and paid a tax rate of 13%. you can call it earned, unearned, capitol gains or bonus but he made 20 million and paid 13%. that is whats wrong with our tax code.
My solution would take care of that.

Apr 2015
Banned
Voting for trillions of dollars in tax cuts for billionaires when we are at full employment and already running a deficit is insanity...you know it and I know it....
Economic growth had declined to 1.5% in 2016 while we added $1.4 trillion to the national debt, we needed to do something. Had Hillary won and continued Obama's failed policies as she promised we would be in recession now.

Jul 2013
Nashville, TN
Economic growth had declined to 1.5% in 2016 while we added $1.4 trillion to the national debt, we needed to do something. Had Hillary won and continued Obama's failed policies as she promised we would be in recession now.
Bullshit, cite a credible source stating that...