What is wrong with "slut shaming"?

Nov 2007
Note that we apparently don't have a dedicated forum for this subject.
I personally hate the word "slut" with a passion but I'm using it here given everyone will know what I'm talking about.

A recurring theme for people on the right who criticize women's sexual behaviors is that they are "slut shaming". Now according to everything I've read a "slut" or "slutty behavior" involves sexual promiscuity. Though it is almost always used to refer to women it can (and has) been used regarding men as well.

My point is this:

Shouldn't sexual promiscuity be something we should treat as "shameful"? What possible redeeming and positive attribute does it have? No matter your views on abortion, or premarital or extramarital sexual morality shouldn't sexual promiscuity be something that everyone on every side of the belief spectrum rightfully condemns?

What could possibly be wrong about shaming people who engage in such behavior?

CtC

Mar 2019
California
Note that we apparently don't have a dedicated forum for this subject.
I personally hate the word "slut" with a passion but I'm using it here given everyone will know what I'm talking about.

A recurring theme for people on the right who criticize women's sexual behaviors is that they are "slut shaming". Now according to everything I've read a "slut" or "slutty behavior" involves sexual promiscuity. Though it is almost always used to refer to women it can (and has) been used regarding men as well.

My point is this:

Shouldn't sexual promiscuity be something we should treat as "shameful"? What possible redeeming and positive attribute does it have? No matter your views on abortion, or premarital or extramarital sexual morality shouldn't sexual promiscuity be something that everyone on every side of the belief spectrum rightfully condemns?

What could possibly be wrong about shaming people who engage in such behavior?
AIDS? STD's? Unwanted Pregnancies leading to infanticide?

Jul 2019
Atlanta
It is good if a person has Biblical morality.

And the sinner should feel remorse and shame when we sin.
SLUT-SHAMING IN THE BIBLE, HELL YES! | LABA
slut-shaming-in-the-bible-hell-yes
Jul 11, 2014 · When Rush Limbaugh called Georgetown Law student Sandra Fluke a slut and a prostitute for advocating for increased access to affordable birth control. When Judah wanted to burn Tamar at the stake for posing as a prostitute and sleeping with him, but not himself for sleeping with her posing as a prostitute.