What is wrong with "slut shaming"?

Oct 2019
Earth
The country does not become, and has not become, a "third world hole" on account of divorce. That is just plain nonsense.

Actually, I do. I am surrounded by good families that stay together, and bad ones that need to not. (Obviously in different contexts.) I see examples of both all the time. I have personal knowledge, and have made conclusions based on my knowledge of people. You claim knowledge of people based on vicious and hateful ideology.
Yes, yes it does. Ignorance of the facts is not a benefit.

Oh, I get it, you want to destroy because you believe yourself insulated... hahahaha.

Oct 2019
Earth
No, it does not. You are ignorant of people and the facts of their lives. And you do not care, as long as you can impose your ideology of misery.
For the 6th time, if there are no kids the adults can make whatever poor decisions they want. If there's abuse that is an exception that I'm not discussing.

However, when there are kids, the damage caused by divorce is far far greater than the discomfort of the parents sticking together. So, it becomes more important to stick together for the sake of the children than their individual happiness as parents.

The funny thing, you're not even trying to deny the facts and stats, you are just desperate to keep the divorces flowing with all the damage it causes.

Ian Jeffrey

Council Hall
Mar 2013
Vulcan, down the street from Darth Vader
However, when there are kids, the damage caused by divorce is far far greater than the discomfort of the parents sticking together.
No, it is not. The parents' discomfort becomes the children's discomfort, and they grow up to get into the same kind of dysfunctional marriages their parents had, visiting the same on their children. You encourage, and would enforce, a culture of misery in the name of an ideology that promotes misery.

Reactions: Kontrary
Oct 2019
Earth
No, it is not. The parents' discomfort becomes the children's discomfort, and they grow up to get into the same kind of dysfunctional marriages their parents had, visiting the same on their children. You encourage, and would enforce, a culture of misery in the name of an ideology that promotes misery.
Ok, if you want high school drop outs, felons, rapists, arsonists, people with anger issues and more, then yes, you have a GREAT idea.

In the real world without this type of delusion and a basis in facts and logic, that's a bad idea.

Apr 2014
Maryland
Ok, if you want high school drop outs, felons, rapists, arsonists, people with anger issues and more, then yes, you have a GREAT idea.

In the real world without this type of delusion and a basis in facts and logic, that's a bad idea.
They’re mostly males....so can we blame all males?

Reactions: Ian Jeffrey
Apr 2014
Maryland
And animals are smarter than humans give them credit for being. Humans are self-aggrandizing creatures, and we like to believe that we're the center of everything, and the most important things in this universe. I suspect most animals would actually prefer that man had never evolved.

While we may have reasoning abilities that other animals don't have, too many of us don't use those reasoning abilities. Take Trump as an Exhibit A.
You’re getting off the track here.

Nov 2007
There is no reason that people who are not happy in their manages should show that unhappiness or manifest it in any way there children can detect.

Ian Jeffrey

Council Hall
Mar 2013
Vulcan, down the street from Darth Vader
There is no reason that people who are not happy in their manages should show that unhappiness or manifest it in any way there children can detect.
It is unavoidable.

In any case, as to the OP, the whole concept of social shaming is nothing more than an excuse to treat badly people of whom you disapprove, seeking the approbation of the larger society in doing so. In other words, some people want to be assholes to people they do not like, and are angry that this is no longer socially acceptable.

Reactions: Jeremy and HCProf