What is wrong with "slut shaming"?

Feb 2019
Florida
Note that we apparently don't have a dedicated forum for this subject.
I personally hate the word "slut" with a passion but I'm using it here given everyone will know what I'm talking about.

A recurring theme for people on the right who criticize women's sexual behaviors is that they are "slut shaming". Now according to everything I've read a "slut" or "slutty behavior" involves sexual promiscuity. Though it is almost always used to refer to women it can (and has) been used regarding men as well.

My point is this:

Shouldn't sexual promiscuity be something we should treat as "shameful"? What possible redeeming and positive attribute does it have? No matter your views on abortion, or premarital or extramarital sexual morality shouldn't sexual promiscuity be something that everyone on every side of the belief spectrum rightfully condemns?

What could possibly be wrong about shaming people who engage in such behavior?
One of the most LIBERAL Republican figures of all time (Ret General Colin Powell), who could have been American's first black president had he wanted it, once said that one of the problems with America society is our lack of shame for some of our actions. That statement by itself could have bought him the presidency.

I'm not so sure if relaxed sexual attitudes have done society that much good. And it's a little unfair to hold women to a different standard from the slutty men who spend most waking moments acting like Bill KKKlinton.

Still, a little bit of shame here and there is not a life threatening situation.

Reactions: Dayton3
Feb 2019
Florida
I have nothing but disgust for such men (yeah that includes Donald Trump).

Don't forget KKKlinton. Yes, President Trump's youthful years were in many marriages, which he paid a ton of money to settle. None of his ex-wives speak badly of him. By contrast, KKKlinton committed RAPE. I'll wait patiently while you include that horndog in your righteous indignation of the male species.

Actually I have nothing but disgust for any man who subordinates everything or most everything to the pursuit of sex.

Pretty much the most powerful forces in a man genetically is the drive to reproduce. Society defines a good man as one who represses those desires. And it's really ironic that the two presidents who appear to be the most faithful to their wives (Carter and the KENYAN VILLAGE IDIOT) were the worst presidents in history, who did the most damage to this country.

Rasselas

Feb 2010
USA
Yes, President Trump's youthful years were in many marriages
You suffer from a lack of perspective (and maybe a google search). Donald Trump married for the first time at age 31 and that marriage ended when he was 46. That's hardly "youthful." And let's remember that he had taken his second wife as a mistress some time before his divorce--and his relationship with this third wife likewise began adultery. This denotes not a "youth" learning from the consequences of his indiscretions but the life-long pattern of a man with no regard for the most sacred and intimate of his relationships.

It's dangerous to attempt gathering up Donald Trump's character flaws in an attempt to best display them. When you make such an attempt, his character is so un-solid as to run like water between your fingers, and you lose them down the drain.

Nov 2007
I have nothing but disgust for such men (yeah that includes Donald Trump).

Don't forget KKKlinton. Yes, President Trump's youthful years were in many marriages, which he paid a ton of money to settle. None of his ex-wives speak badly of him. By contrast, KKKlinton committed RAPE. I'll wait patiently while you include that horndog in your righteous indignation of the male species.

Actually I have nothing but disgust for any man who subordinates everything or most everything to the pursuit of sex.

Pretty much the most powerful forces in a man genetically is the drive to reproduce. Society defines a good man as one who represses those desires. And it's really ironic that the two presidents who appear to be the most faithful to their wives (Carter and the KENYAN VILLAGE IDIOT) were the worst presidents in history, who did the most damage to this country.
I did not like President Obama. But there is no need whatsoever to
1) call him the "Kenyan Village Idiot"
or
2) one of the worst presidents in history.

And yes in my opinion he does deserve credit (as does Carter) for being faithful husbands.