What is wrong with Trump?

Mar 2012
New Hampshire
Would you imagine somehow he would have recovered in those two years? That's not how the degeneration of aging works. Slowly it's getting worse, as one would expect.
I just dont know if we should be attributing this to age. If we do that eventually somebody is going to say "we cant trust anyone over 70" or something like that. Anyone that had known about Trump knew he has always been this way. When the "Apprentice" first premiered almost 20 years ago, he went on this incoherent rant. People thought he was drunk. He also often went on Howard Stern and did tabloid stories that were off the wall. When the Central park 5 story came out, he was full blown nuts about it. Ranted and raved. This is nothing new and I dont like the idea he has dementia or something else, he is Trump being Trump. Its just that he has more attention now nationwide.

Sep 2017
Massachusetts
I just dont know if we should be attributing this to age.
In theory, it could be a hidden drug abuse problem, or some sort of head trauma, or something like that. But clearly something dramatic has changed in his brain since the 90s and early 2000s. If you go onto YouTube and pull up interviews with him from that era, the difference is like night and day. Sure, he was always an under-informed, narcissistic, limelight-obsess , overly emotional asshole. But he used to be able to communicate in complete sentences, without constant recourse to crutch words -- without rambling off into a series of increasingly incoherent parentheticals, without clearly contradicting himself in the space of two breaths, and without the kind of unhinged emotional outburst that made him sound like a drunk eighth-grader. It's consistent with what I've witnessed with age-related dementia, but I'll admit there are other possible causes, from syphilis to fentanyl.

I agree with your point that he's always been prone to ranting and raving, and that when he was in the midst of one of his tirades he could always come across as mentally impaired. But he used to also be able to come across as a man of normal intelligence, for long stretches at a time. I haven't heard him come across that way even once in the last three or four years. Now even the calm version of Trump sounds like a befuddled halfwit.

Mar 2012
New Hampshire
In theory, it could be a hidden drug abuse problem, or some sort of head trauma, or something like that. But clearly something dramatic has changed in his brain since the 90s and early 2000s. If you go onto YouTube and pull up interviews with him from that era, the difference is like night and day. Sure, he was always an under-informed, narcissistic, limelight-obsess , overly emotional asshole. But he used to be able to communicate in complete sentences, without constant recourse to crutch words -- without rambling off into a series of increasingly incoherent parentheticals, without clearly contradicting himself in the space of two breaths, and without the kind of unhinged emotional outburst that made him sound like a drunk eighth-grader. It's consistent with what I've witnessed with age-related dementia, but I'll admit there are other possible causes, from syphilis to fentanyl.

I agree with your point that he's always been prone to ranting and raving, and that when he was in the midst of one of his tirades he could always come across as mentally impaired. But he used to also be able to come across as a man of normal intelligence, for long stretches at a time. I haven't heard him come across that way even once in the last three or four years. Now even the calm version of Trump sounds like a befuddled halfwit.
I think he is more brazen now. He always had what I would call "checks" on him to some extent. He did have to be somewhat more careful how he spoke because he needed approval for his properties to be built in cities. He had an executive circle that technically could have removed him and put someone in place if they thought he was in bad shape. Now as president, he doesnt need it. He feels safer and just spends his time ranting. However, I think he has said he doesnt sleep much so its possible that he just isnt sleeping at all. There also was talk that he has used diet pills in his past and they can be abused. Symptoms of overuse there would be slurring of speech, irritability, insomnia, shortness of breath, edema and restlessness.

Jul 2011
Memphis, Tn.
What’s wrong with Trump.

He is trying to be Howard Stern while sitting in the WH. Every word and speech is meant to be more controversial than the last one. Why be famous when one can be infamous. Want proof, no one can stop talking about him regardless of what people think of his rhetoric and it goes beyoyund the fact he is the President.

My two cents
This is American, little if any difference between being famous and infamous. It can be cashed in on, that's all that is important.

Jul 2014
midwest
Would you imagine somehow he would have recovered in those two years? That's not how the degeneration of aging works. Slowly it's getting worse, as one would expect.
So, it's to be expected.

And we have HOW MANY whiney threads whining on this subject?

Methinks it's time to get some new material.

Sep 2017
Massachusetts
So, it's to be expected.

And we have HOW MANY whiney threads whining on this subject?
What's a "whiney thread"?

Methinks it's time to get some new material.
Methinks not. When the most powerful man in the world is declining into senility, that's worthy of ongoing attention by those of us who are patriots. Obviously, there are those who would like it if we allowed ourselves to be distracted from that grave danger by some other shiny object (ooh, look, there are some poor folks in a caravan a thousand miles south of our border!), but why should we accommodate that?

Apr 2012
Englewood,Ohio
That was what I thought. His face was puffy color bad. He was slurring more had trouble reading the word. Al of that i a sure sign of increasing dementia, couple with the fact he knows the Hous can not protect him now.
Nixon drank, Trump does not, but his actions show a man coming totally unglued.

Then to hear Nancy Pelosi speak about how the American people won. No more worrying about losing health care, the plans they have to fix problem for the people. And working together.
Trump is following the Nixon pattern right down the line.
I think I may have developed something with all the mistakes in this post! Proof read, MaryAnne, damn it!