What is your predominant emotion to an approaching storm?

What is your predominant emotion to an approaching storm?

• Fear

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Excitement

Votes: 6 50.0%
  • Irritation

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Ho hum

Votes: 3 25.0%

• Total voters
Mar 2012
New Hampshire
Was just thinking: Has a good response to a storm ever helped a president's job approval numbers?
Dont really know. But I do remember reading that prior to the 1990s, presidents were not expected to be seen or even near a natural disaster as it took away from the assistance and required so many resources for them to be there. They became the focus of attention and not the victims. But due to social media and 24/7 new media, it became necessary for the president to show up and be seen.

Blueneck

Former Staff
Jun 2007
Ohio
They never come where I'm at unless you count the occasional severe thunderstorm, so I get a little excited.

But that's only because I've never been in the path of one of them. I imagine if I were and I had to evacuate, I'd be freaked out beyond belief.

Nov 2010
excitement, definitely, Particularly a good T storm. When tornado sirens go off I go to the window to look outside to see it. Had one summer in Denver where every other day was tornado warning. Actually saw a funnel cloud, standing in the middle of a park looking it it, realizing, Hmm, I should probably find some place to go in case this turns into a tornado. Another time I saw lots of circling of clouds that was pretty cool, I pointed it out to people than the sirens went off a little after that.

Love a good snow storm. Experienced a Hurricane once, Gloria on Long Island in 85 or 86 when I was a kid, was a catergory 1 but we lost power for a week