What kind of proofs are there that god exists?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 2014
Galaxy ZRF
The majority of people in this world believe there is a God. And they cite our exquisitely crafted world as the basis for that belief. Scripture says, “Through everything God made, they can clearly see his invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature” (Romans 1:20). Every tree, bird, babbling brook, and towering mountain proof God’s existence.

Earth is utterly amazing and fantastic. Scientists estimate there are at least 18 physical laws that work in harmony for our planet to sustain complex life. Some of these include the laws of gravity, thermodynamics, and electromagnetic forces. Consider the force that hold atoms together. Our universe if so fine-tuned that the tiny hydrogen atoms that work to convert matter must give up no more and no less than 0.6 to 0.8 percent of their mass to create energy! There are dozens of similar exacting standards that must be met. It’s impossible that this world was created by chance!

What Kinds of Proofs Are There That God Exists? - Josh.org

The article is full of crap, to be honest. There is no proof, shall never be proof, because there is nothing to prove. All just fairytales and wishful thinking by people who are afraid to die and insist on believing in foolishness.

Convince me I’m wrong.

Ian Jeffrey

Council Hall
Mar 2013
Vulcan, down the street from Darth Vader
There is no proof [that G-d exists], shall never be proof, because there is nothing to prove.
You cannot prove that, either. The whole concept of G-d is a religious question, not a scientific one, and therefore G-d - existence or non-existence - is not susceptible to proof.

Mar 2019
California
The majority of people in this world believe there is a God. And they cite our exquisitely crafted world as the basis for that belief. Scripture says, “Through everything God made, they can clearly see his invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature” (Romans 1:20). Every tree, bird, babbling brook, and towering mountain proof God’s existence.

Earth is utterly amazing and fantastic. Scientists estimate there are at least 18 physical laws that work in harmony for our planet to sustain complex life. Some of these include the laws of gravity, thermodynamics, and electromagnetic forces. Consider the force that hold atoms together. Our universe if so fine-tuned that the tiny hydrogen atoms that work to convert matter must give up no more and no less than 0.6 to 0.8 percent of their mass to create energy! There are dozens of similar exacting standards that must be met. It’s impossible that this world was created by chance!

What Kinds of Proofs Are There That God Exists? - Josh.org

The article is full of crap, to be honest. There is no proof, shall never be proof, because there is nothing to prove. All just fairytales and wishful thinking by people who are afraid to die and insist on believing in foolishness.

Convince me I’m wrong.
Logic. These Laws "Jest happened" ? Life was just atoms bumpin' together by accident? The Universe just happened by random chance? Please explain the "Jest Happened" theory/

johnflesh

Former Staff
Feb 2007
It is very difficult to prove this to someone else. Much like proving your love to someone else, but to a gallery of judges.

IMO if you don't believe in God, good for you. Be content for once.

But if you really want to know, you have to prove it to yourself.

Some of us have. Some of us haven't. Some of us are actively unwilling.

johnflesh

Former Staff
Feb 2007
You cannot prove that, either. The whole concept of G-d is a religious question, not a scientific one, and therefore G-d - existence or non-existence - is not susceptible to proof.
It is a simple matter of creator. Science is getting us closer to a truth and wouldn't it be just poetic if God was real and science proved it?

I'm speculating in hopes but still speculating.

johnflesh

Former Staff
Feb 2007
Those who continually ask this question actually yearn for a higher power but need public acceptance before they will accept themselves.

It is a difficult transition. But in the end, even if you don't subscribe to a religion, it is worth it.

Ian Jeffrey

Council Hall
Mar 2013
Vulcan, down the street from Darth Vader
It is very difficult to prove this to someone else.

But if you really want to know, you have to prove it to yourself.
This does not make sense, and is a misuse of the word "proof."
It is a simple matter of creator.
This also does not make sense.
Science is getting us closer to a truth and wouldn't it be just poetic if G-d was real and science proved it?
Well, sure ... but the very nature of what G-d is defined as makes such a proof impossible, for the same reason that science cannot prove G-d does not exist.

Science and religion are two different things, and attempting to mix them degrades (or at least is an attempt to degrade) both.
Those who continually ask this question actually yearn for a higher power...
This is insulting to those who do not believe G-d exists. Not to mention involves a bit of (attempted) telepathy.

Oct 2014
Galaxy ZRF
Logic. These Laws "Jest happened" ? Life was just atoms bumpin' together by accident? The Universe just happened by random chance? Please explain the "Jest Happened" theory/
Logic? Really?
I suppose it’s logic that tells us a man was killed but came back to life three days later. It’s logic that tells this man died for our sins, sins we were born committing. It’s logic that tells us this same man shall return to earth someday. It’s logic that states this man can walk on water. It’s not logical in the slightest. Logic goes against everything in the Bible. Logic is not a friend of the Xians.
You say it’s logical to think god created everything. I say it is not logical. How did we get here? I haven’t a clue. I’m okay with that. I just know it isn’t creation.

Oct 2014
C-A-N-A-D-A-Eh
The problem with determining the types of proofs to prove God, first it is far more important to properly define what God is in order for any proofs to be applied.

Mar 2019
California
Logic? Really?
I suppose it’s logic that tells us a man was killed but came back to life three days later. It’s logic that tells this man died for our sins, sins we were born committing. It’s logic that tells us this same man shall return to earth someday. It’s logic that states this man can walk on water. It’s not logical in the slightest. Logic goes against everything in the Bible. Logic is not a friend of the Xians.
You say it’s logical to think god created everything. I say it is not logical. How did we get here? I haven’t a clue. I’m okay with that. I just know it isn’t creation.
Sorry. I thought Y'all were talking about a higher power usually known as "God". But you were just scoffing at the Bible. It figures. Oh,yeah. BTW. I ain't Christian. But I consider the use of that term "Xian" to be quite nasty. Can't say "Racist" , but of the same order.Understood? Now--as to your "Jest Happened" theory. Atoms just bumped together to create life? It was just chance that the Ameba evolved into thinking creatures? It just happened that the "Big Bang" happened? Sorry. Random chance doesn't even explain itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.