What Minimum-Wage Foes Got Wrong About Seattle

Jul 2013
Nashville, TN
I am sure if the people of Seattle start seeing the cities economy going down the tubes because of their minimum wage law, they will quickly drop it back down to 7 bucks...:rolleyes: Everyone just knows America's biggest problem is our massive overpaying of minimum wage workers and underpaying CEO's:rolleyes:

Dec 2018
Florida
I am sure if the people of Seattle start seeing the cities economy going down the tubes because of their minimum wage law, they will quickly drop it back down to 7 bucks...:rolleyes: Everyone just knows America's biggest problem is our massive overpaying of minimum wage workers and underpaying CEO's:rolleyes:
Nope...it will just turn in to Detroit lol.

Oct 2014
C-A-N-A-D-A-Eh
The minimum wage when I was a box-boy was about $2.35, so I got almost twice that as a HS kid with a union job.

I agree in some ways, there will be some upheaval, just as if a 50 year old person who has neglected their health their whole life suddenly wants to get fit.

We tend to do that sometimes in this country: let things go way, way out of wack, then claim they are too messed up to do anything about it now.

I don't buy that, it's just another excuse from people who don't want to do anything and just don't really care about someone else's lot.

Thx :)
Wasn't really saying that nothing should be done... it's just that, like you mention, things are so far out of whack that the process of fixing things will be, lets say, unpleasant.

But, simultaneously, would need to go through the extra steps to provide inoculation to prevent from returning to that same circumstance.