What? Trump calling IA results FRAUDULENT, recants concession!

Jul 2015
Florida
Trump, IA results fraudulaent, wants new election, blames CRUZ

What the hell did I miss?? I saw Trump earlier this AM and I didn't hear him saying anything about this??

Trump recants his Iowa concession and unleashes a furious Twitter tantrum against Ted Cruz
Bethania Palma Markus BETHANIA PALMA MARKUS
03 FEB 2016 AT 10:17 ET

Just one day after accepting defeat in the Iowa caucuses and ceding to his chief rival, GOP candidate and real estate mogul Donald Trump is calling the results fraudulent.

While polls showed Trump leading Texas Sen. Ted Cruz in the lead-up to Monday’s vote, Trump came in second by 4 percentage points. On Tuesday, Trump was conciliatory, saying that while he had lost Iowa, he was still proud of his performance. But by Wednesday, Trump, a prolific Twitter user, had changed his tune.

“Based on the fraud committed by Senator Ted Cruz during the Iowa Caucus, either a new election should take place or Cruz results nullified,” Trump tweeted Wednesday morning.

Trump went on to criticize Cruz for misleading voters into believing another rival, Dr. Ben Carson, had dropped out of the race when he hadn’t. He also slammed Cruz’s campaign for sending out mailers accusing voters of a sham “voting violation.”

“You are receiving this election notice because of low expected voter turnout in your area,” the mailer read, according to the New Yorker. “Your individual voting history as well as your neighbors’ are public record. Their scores are published below, and many of them will see your score as well. CAUCUS ON MONDAY TO IMPROVE YOUR SCORE and please encourage your neighbors to caucus as well. A follow-up notice may be issued following Monday’s caucuses.”

In response to the Cruz mailers, Iowa Secretary of State Paul Pate said Cruz’s campaign had misrepresented state law.

“Today I was shown a piece of literature from the Cruz for President campaign that misrepresents the role of my office, and worse, misrepresents Iowa election law. Accusing citizens of Iowa of a ‘voting violation’ based on Iowa Caucus participation, or lack thereof, is false representation of an official act,” he wrote.

Cruz seemed unapologetic in the face of criticism...

Trump recants his Iowa concession and unleashes a furious Twitter tantrum against Ted Cruz

UPDATE

Donald Trump claims Ted Cruz 'stole' Iowa caucuses and calls for new election

The businessman, who came in second in Iowa, tweets that Cruz committed fraud by telling voters that Ben Carson was quitting the race

Donald Trump speaks about the results of the Iowa caucuses.
Tom McCarthy in New York

Wednesday 3 February 2016 11.03 EST Last modified on Wednesday 3 February 2016 13.16 EST

Donald Trump has claimed Ted Cruz committed “fraud” in his successful campaign to win the Republican Iowa caucuses on Monday, and has called for a new election.

The businessman, who came in second in Iowa, tweeted:

Earlier, Trump accused Cruz of “stealing” the election in the key state, the first to vote in this stage of the 2016 presidential election.

He accused the Cruz campaign of telling Iowa voters that fellow candidate Ben Carson was quitting the race so he could steal Carson’s votes.

“During primetime of the Iowa Caucus, Cruz put out a release that @RealBenCarson was quitting the race, and to caucus (or vote) for Cruz,” Trump wrote. “Many people voted for Cruz over Carson because of this Cruz fraud. Also, Cruz sent out a VOTER VIOLATION certificate to thousands of voters.

“The Voter Violation certificate gave poor marks to the unsuspecting voter (grade of F) and told them to clear it up by voting for Cruz. Fraud.”

He added that “Cruz strongly told thousands of caucusgoers (voters) that Trump was strongly in favor of Obamacare and ‘choice’ – a total lie!”

Live Trump calls for Iowa do-over after second-place finish – campaign live

Follow live-wire coverage of the 2016 election as Kentucky senator Rand Paul suspends his campaign and Trump accuses Cruz of stealing Iowa
e
Cruz had issued an apology of sorts to the Carson campaign for spreading the rumor on election night that Carson was dropping out of the race, which Cruz characterized as an honest “mistake”:

“Last night when our political team saw the CNN post saying that Dr Carson was not carrying on to New Hampshire and South Carolina, our campaign updated grassroots leaders just as we would with any breaking news story,” Cruz said in a statement on Tuesday.

“That’s fair game. What the team then should have done was send around the follow-up statement from the Carson campaign clarifying that he was indeed staying in the race when that came out.”

In addition, the Texas senator and his presidential campaign were formally denounced by top state officials for sending mailers to Iowa voters accusing them of a “voting violation” – in an apparent effort to s

Last edited:
Nov 2014
North Carolina
What the hell did I miss?? I saw Trump earlier this AM and I didn't hear him saying anything about this??

Bethania Palma Markus BETHANIA PALMA MARKUS
03 FEB 2016 AT 10:17 ET

Just one day after accepting defeat in the Iowa caucuses and ceding to his chief rival, GOP candidate and real estate mogul Donald Trump is calling the results fraudulent.

While polls showed Trump leading Texas Sen. Ted Cruz in the lead-up to Monday’s vote, Trump came in second by 4 percentage points. On Tuesday, Trump was conciliatory, saying that while he had lost Iowa, he was still proud of his performance. But by Wednesday, Trump, a prolific Twitter user, had changed his tune.

“Based on the fraud committed by Senator Ted Cruz during the Iowa Caucus, either a new election should take place or Cruz results nullified,” Trump tweeted Wednesday morning.

Trump went on to criticize Cruz for misleading voters into believing another rival, Dr. Ben Carson, had dropped out of the race when he hadn’t. He also slammed Cruz’s campaign for sending out mailers accusing voters of a sham “voting violation.”

“You are receiving this election notice because of low expected voter turnout in your area,” the mailer read, according to the New Yorker. “Your individual voting history as well as your neighbors’ are public record. Their scores are published below, and many of them will see your score as well. CAUCUS ON MONDAY TO IMPROVE YOUR SCORE and please encourage your neighbors to caucus as well. A follow-up notice may be issued following Monday’s caucuses.”

In response to the Cruz mailers, Iowa Secretary of State Paul Pate said Cruz’s campaign had misrepresented state law.

“Today I was shown a piece of literature from the Cruz for President campaign that misrepresents the role of my office, and worse, misrepresents Iowa election law. Accusing citizens of Iowa of a ‘voting violation’ based on Iowa Caucus participation, or lack thereof, is false representation of an official act,” he wrote.

Cruz seemed unapologetic in the face of criticism...

lol

This is awesome. :)

I had heard a rumor that Cruz's campaign was misleading voters into believing Carson had suspended his campaign. I would like to find out if that is true or not.

Oct 2013
USA
Ben Carson also unleashed on Cruz for his tactic. I guess as they gathered to caucus for the politician they wanted Cruz people told Ben's people Ben dropped out. Now we know why Cruz is hated. Haha

Jul 2015
Florida
lol

This is awesome. :)

I had heard a rumor that Cruz's campaign was misleading voters into believing Carson had suspended his campaign. I would like to find out if that is true or not.
Depends on which version. YES, Cruz's campaign put the word out that CARSON had gone to Florida. Carson went to get supplies, clothes etc. Cruz staff put it out immediately as if CARSON was 'going home'. Cruz claims they issued a retraction shortly thereafter. Don't know what was a 'retraction' and 'how short was shortly'??

PS THEY GOT THE WORD THAT CARSON HAD GONE TO FLORIDA, FROM--drum roll please?? FOX!