What will be THE issue for 2020?

Apr 2012
Englewood,Ohio
Well, I see it more as a "chicken and egg" there.

One could say the same for HC: "If people are sick they can't work..."

"If people got more money they could afford that better education, AND that better health care..."

Plus, how much does stress over finances effect someone's health? Their ability to concentrate in school?

Thx :)
You see it as chicken and egg. The workers who lost wages and benefits do not.

Sep 2011
aMEEErica
If Trump starts talking wages, Pelosi can send him a nice wage bill to sign and see if he puts his money where his mouth is....
Won't matter Gaff...

Remember, Trump does a lot of talking, but, for instance, I don't see Mexico paying for the wall...

That's why I put the word into quotation marks in my post, we have to stop believing anything this shit says, he has no integrity!

Last edited:
Sep 2011
aMEEErica
You see it as chicken and egg. The workers who lost wages and benefits do not.
I meant "chicken and egg" addressing Leroy's post, put it in that context...

Do you actually believe I was dissing or making light of wage earners, me, about the only one who really talks about wages?

Read the post again...

Thx

Jul 2013
Nashville, TN
Won't matter Gaff...

Remember, Trump does a lot of talking, but, for instance, I don't see Mexico paying for the wall...

That's why I put the word into italics in my post, we have to stop believing anything this shit says, he has no integrity!

That is why Pelosi needs to immediaitely send Trump a wage bill as soon as he opens his mouth, to expose him as a bullshitter or make him ante up on wages.

Ian Jeffrey

Council Hall
Mar 2013
Vulcan, down the street from Darth Vader
Remember that UAW lady in Lordstown Ohio from two months ago that is getting laid off? She said "Dont talk to me about global warming, I need a job."
The reality in any administration is that people who need jobs need to find them, even if it means changing fields. Politicians at the national level need to be able to think in the aggregate and do what will lift up the most people, but there are never guarantees.

Apr 2012
Englewood,Ohio
I was just thinking pretty much the same thing a few minutes ago MaryAnne: dems have to understand just how fed-up with the "status-quo" average Americans are.

And again, the first one to start hammering the issue of wages is going to dominate the election (s)

We worry about "turnout"? Let's start talking about issues people care about, issues that have direct effect on so many, in so many different aspects: stagnant wages.

What's the UUUGE issue at this very moment: workers not getting their wages...

I know that,Thx! I have lived among them all my adult life. A worker could easily send their children to College for a better life. That is simply not true any more.

Low wage jobs do not cut it. When a Factory worker does not make enough to rent an apartment they fall for someone like Trump.

Apr 2012
Englewood,Ohio
And if someone like Sherrod Brown is the Democratic nominee, you just might see a revolt of the much-loathed 'coastal elites', the upper middle class, the upward strivers, the professionals, the engineers and scientists, who have become the core of the current Democratic Party, and who would not trust the Paleolithic instincts of Sherrod Brown on trade issues. Shrug. They might end up looking for a third party candidate in that case. You'd be presenting them with TWO anti-trade candidates in Trump and Brown!
Professionals ,along with workers voted overwhelingly for Brown in a totally red state.

Sep 2011
aMEEErica
That is why Pelosi needs to immediaitely send Trump a wage bill as soon as he opens his mouth, to expose him as a bullshitter or make him ante up on wages.
He gets exposed every 15 minutes guy, all the people that don't like him are probably in enough of a consensus on him by now, to the 33%, how can we believe it will matter to them at all?

Fine, she should do it...

We should do a lot of things. :p

Apr 2012
Englewood,Ohio
I meant "chicken and egg" addressing Leroy's post, put it in that context...

Do you actually believe I was dissing or making light of wage earners, me, about the only one who really talks about wages?

Read the post again...

Thx
No,I understand where you are coming from.

People need to separate how I feel from what I am explaining why so many voted for Trump. The anger has been there since the 1980’s when people began to feel they were getting the shaft from both parties.

Sep 2011
aMEEErica
I know that,Thx! I have lived among them all my adult life. A worker could easily send their children to College for a better life. That is simply not true any more.

Low wage jobs do not cut it. When a Factory worker does not make enough to rent an apartment they fall for someone like Trump.
Yes indeed, and not all jobs are going to require a college education... (now please, don't someone jump to the conclusion that I am "anti-education...")

But the fact is, everyone can't be a chief, you've gotta have some braves too!

If we're not careful, we will be ordering the latest advanced fighter from China... they are already ahead in "5G," fifth generation software.

"Honey.. congratulate me, I just finished my PhD with honors... oh, and btw, how do feel about moving to China...?"

"Well, I dunno, it's far away from family, but at least they have a higher standard of living..."

Last edited: