What's going on in Chicago?

Jan 2015
Great State of Texas
So, we got 3 people downplaying the fact that sex predators have been hired, in spite of background checks...
I think all we really have is a bunch of thread derailers.

However, I will maintain my original position that this is most likely the result of desperately trying to get teachers to teach in the war torn areas of Chicago.

Oct 2014
C-A-N-A-D-A-Eh

However, I will maintain my original position that this is most likely the result of desperately trying to get teachers to teach in the war torn areas of Chicago.
Maybe that's why Texas has the higher gun violence rate.... in conservative areas pedovores get shot, in democrat areas they are put in charge of kids.

Sep 2013
On a hill
Nearly 130 Chicago Public Schools employees, including 9 teachers, ousted over background check issues

How is it possible that hundreds of people could pass background checks to work with kids??

You would think the minimum bar for a school system would be to keep sex predators away from kids...
It happens in private schools too.

Parents enter the private school community with high expectations commensurate with high tuition. Sex abuse cases taint schools’ ability to both attract students and raise funds in support of their endowments. Who would want to pay $50, 000 tuition or fund an endowment where there is sexual abuse? Once a child is admitted, parents are so emotionally and financially invested in their student’s success that it may be impossible to accept or act upon reports of sexual harassment and abuse—this coupled with the fact that these schools are small and “everyone knows everyone.” What parent wants to be a social outcast?

Some teachers are so adulated that a student’s report of misconduct is considered sacrilege. Students who might report fear that adults will not believe them, that they will be shamed or thrown out entirely. Fear, intimidation, and loss of opportunity are strong deterrents to reporting. If confronted, the school will likely deny, distort the facts, or devalue the student’s rights. Imagine the student’s future at the school after reporting. How many families who have endured the trauma of reporting and the school’s response would then relish spotlighting the abuse with a lawsuit?

To protect the school’s reputation, school administrators buy into a “code of silence.” This code of silence is enabled by mandatory reporting protection laws that seem tough but lack teeth and can be vague or confusing. Moreover, there is no real penalty for not reporting.

Sexual Abuse in Elite Private Schools: What the Spotlight Team Asked Us | HuffPost

Sep 2013
On a hill

That sure doesnt explain abuse in private, elite schools.

Jul 2014
midwest