What's going on with Sen Feinstein and Kavanaugh?

Davocrat

Former Staff
Apr 2007
Deep State
How many times were Al Franken and Roy Moore vetted as an appellate court and then SCOTUS nominee?
Wait a minute...you don't think Moore was vetted for any position?

Of course he was. But the fact is--I think--everybody knew he was a teenage skirt chaser. The mall employee even knew about it. Back then--5-10-15 years ago--nobody cared, especially not southern Republicans. Hell, they thought it made him better.

Jan 2014
California

Of course he was. But the fact is--I think--everybody knew he was a teenage skirt chaser. The mall employee even knew about it. Back then--5-10-15 years ago--nobody cared, especially not southern Republicans. Hell, they thought it made him better.
Mr. Davocrat,

I think you are confused. You vet people who about to be appointed to a position. I guess you could say he was vetted by the voters of Alabama, but I don't think the issue came up until his campaign for Senator.

Wonderer

Council Hall
May 2014
Missouri
I know, but you have to wonder why he was on not the "original" list to begin with - and just kind of appeared out of nowhere.
I do wonder that. I don't believe the reason has to do with a sexual misconduct scandal, however. Not because I don't think it possible Kavanaugh ever misbehaved. Because of the timing of this revelation and his history/vetting.

Wonderer

Council Hall
May 2014
Missouri
We need to find out what the allegations are, but even if it's heinous and it looks real, I'm betting the Republicans won't care and will rationalize it.
FWIW, if it's heinous and it looks real, I absolutely care. (Not a Republican, but a righty.) I'm expressing serious skepticism on this because of the timing.

Wonderer

Council Hall
May 2014
Missouri

I asked how many times they were vetted for an appellate court or SCOTUS spot, not vetted at all. There's a reason for that. The vetting process for federally appointed judgeships is quite thorough. If a nominee had a history/reputation of being a sexual predator, it'd come out.

Moore was/is a bonafide creep and I'm glad the voters of Alabama sent him packing.

Blueneck

Former Staff
Jun 2007
Ohio
Which has the usual suspects out there with "Kavanaugh might have sexually assaulted a woman when he was in high school. Or he might not have."
Looks like he has something in common with Bill Clinton. You sure don't seem as fired up about this one though.

Macduff

Apr 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
Looks like he has something in common with Bill Clinton. You sure don't seem as fired up about this one though.
Mostly because I think it's bullshit. Feinstein didn't have a thing to say about this during the closed door questioning.