What's going to happen on February 15th?

What's going to happen on February 15th?

• Trump will declare a National Emergency and it will go the courts

Votes: 6 66.7%
  • The committee panel will have come up with a successful compromise for both sides of the aisle

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • We will have another shutdown

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Something big will break that will put this on the back burner

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Trump will get his wall

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • There will be no shutdown, now wall, and Trump's head will explode

Votes: 2 22.2%

• Total voters
Jan 2016
Colorado
My best guess is that, in order to appease his very vocal base, Trump will go the route of trying to declare a national emergency and blustering his way through the courts. But while those court challenges are going through, the Mueller investigation will be exploding around him, so then he might try to create an international emergency, most likely over Venezuela.

Wag the dog!

HCProf

Sep 2014
USA
In this order:

Government shutdown
National Emergency
Trump will get his wall or at least a big portion of it.

Oct 2018
WonderfulOregon
My best guess is that, in order to appease his very vocal base, Trump will go the route of trying to declare a national emergency and blustering his way through the courts. But while those court challenges are going through, the Mueller investigation will be exploding around him, so then he might try to create an international emergency, most likely over Venezuela.

Wag the dog!

I agree. It's the only thing he has to 'save face' ... if it's stopped because of the Supreme Court. He can then say...'I tried"

Mar 2012
New Hampshire
Problem is we have no idea how the SC will view this. I expect the lower courts will find an emergency not constitutional but not sure about the Supremes. If they say its okay he will just take that money from defense like he wants to. They have been fairly unpredictable.