what's it like supporting a president (or a political party) that's constantly being called out for being racist?

the watchman

Former Staff
Jul 2011
becoming more and more
remember when it was Obama that was called a racist? There were those who honestly believed it to be the case. Supporters of Obama wondered how anyone could possibly think that way?

Now, it's Trump , it's Mark Meadows, it's various other public figures on both sides. Mostly Trump.
There's a growing list of declared Democrat presidential candidates that have outright called Trump a racist. Something we've never seen before in the history of our presidential elections. Minnesota Sen. Amy Klobuchar , California Sen. Kamala Harris , Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand , Sen. Bernie Sander . Then there's Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez .

Polls indicate that most American's think Trump is a racist.

FILE - In this Feb. 21, 2017 file photo, President Donald Trump gives a thumbs up during a tour of the National Museum of African American History and Culture with Housing and Urban Development Secretary-designate Dr. Ben Carson and his wife Candy Carson in Washington. A poll shows just over half of Americans think that black people face hurdles to progress in the United States. The new poll by The Associated Press-NORC Center for Public Affairs Research released Wednesday, Feb. 28, 2018, also found that nearly half, including three-quarters of African Americans themselves, think President Donald Trump's policies are making matters worse. (AP Photo/Evan Vucci, File)

WASHINGTON (AP) — More than half of Americans, including large majorities of blacks and Hispanics, think President Donald Trump is a racist. More than half think his policies have made things worse for Hispanics and Muslims, and nearly half say they’ve made things worse for African Americans.

According to a new poll by The Associated Press-NORC Center for Public Affairs Research, 57 percent of Americans think Trump’s policies have been bad for Muslims, and 56 percent think they’ve been bad for Hispanics. Forty-seven percent, including three-quarters of blacks, think they’ve been bad for African Americans.
Omarosa says she has tapes of Trumps racism.
Former White House aide Omarosa Manigault Newman, says there is no doubt in her mind that President Trump is a racist.

“It is very clear Donald Trump is a racist and he’s trying to undermine our democracy,"Manigault Newman says in an interview with Hill.TV’s Jamal Simmons.
Omarosa: 'Very clear' Trump is a racist

Even celebrities are calling his a racist.

It seems to everywhere.

So, I'm just curious how it feels to support a man that's constantly being called out because of his racism?

Jan 2014
California
The Watchman,

Given that our President and the Republican party are only being called out as racists by whack job, insane, sanctimonious and self righteous liberals, it feels pretty damn good to show my support.

Dec 2018
Florida
remember when it was Obama that was called a racist? There were those who honestly believed it to be the case. Supporters of Obama wondered how anyone could possibly think that way?

Now, it's Trump , it's Mark Meadows, it's various other public figures on both sides. Mostly Trump.
There's a growing list of declared Democrat presidential candidates that have outright called Trump a racist. Something we've never seen before in the history of our presidential elections. Minnesota Sen. Amy Klobuchar , California Sen. Kamala Harris , Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand , Sen. Bernie Sander . Then there's Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez .

Polls indicate that most American's think Trump is a racist.

FILE - In this Feb. 21, 2017 file photo, President Donald Trump gives a thumbs up during a tour of the National Museum of African American History and Culture with Housing and Urban Development Secretary-designate Dr. Ben Carson and his wife Candy Carson in Washington. A poll shows just over half of Americans think that black people face hurdles to progress in the United States. The new poll by The Associated Press-NORC Center for Public Affairs Research released Wednesday, Feb. 28, 2018, also found that nearly half, including three-quarters of African Americans themselves, think President Donald Trump's policies are making matters worse. (AP Photo/Evan Vucci, File)

Omarosa says she has tapes of Trumps racism.
Omarosa: 'Very clear' Trump is a racist

Even celebrities are calling his a racist.

It seems to everywhere.

So, I'm just curious how it feels to support a man that's constantly being called out because of his racism?
Nothing new. The left always calls republicans racist. It is their go to move.

Nov 2018
Bel Air, MD
Trump wasn't ever called a racist by anyone on the left until he ran for office as a Republican.

If Lincoln were alive today, the Democrats would call him a racist.

Jul 2013
Nashville, TN
Nothing new. The left always calls republicans racist. It is their go to move.
I remember the days when Republicans didn't wave Confederate flags and protest to save Confederate statues in African American neighborhoods...and didn't get called racists...I remember the days when Republicans were pushing to get a Civil Rights Act passed instead of trying to suppress minority votes and gerrymander minority districts into oblivion. I remember when White Republican Civil Rights activists marched with protestors in Southern Cities against Jim Crow...and didn't get called racists...what has changed over the last 50 years....what has changed?

Dec 2018
Florida
I remember the days when Republicans didn't wave Confederate flags and protest to save Confederate statues in African American neighborhoods...and didn't get called racists...I remember the days when Republicans were pushing to get a Civil Rights Act passed instead of trying to suppress minority votes and gerrymander minority districts into oblivion. I remember when White Republican Civil Rights activists marched with protestors in Southern Cities against Jim Crow...and didn't get called racists...what has changed over the last 50 years....what has changed?
Blah blah blah. All that I see here is more “you are right wing you are racist.” It isn’t even possible to have a discussion at this point. It doesn’t matter to you that I arrived at my political stance without ever once caring about race. I’m a Republican. That makes me a racist to you.

I am actually curious if you have ever looked at claims or accusations of racism and actually disagreed? I doubt it.