What's the end game?

Dec 2019
Oregon
The Trump haters are so focused on what a bad man he is that I have yet to see a serious discussion about how it got like this and where it's really going.

The question people should be asking isn't how a douchebag like this could be elected but rather how could a message resonate so strongly with half the population that a douchebag like this carrying it could be elected?

Is half the country racist? Does anyone believe that? Xenophobic? Does anyone believe that?

Unless the real issues start to get discussed and not how despicable the messenger is there's only two possible outcomes I can see.

Split up the country amicably or throw down in the streets.

Does anyone really want to do either one of those things?

Other than keyboard warriors hiding behind IP's?

Or Antifa and Proud boys?

Reactions: Logically Left
Jan 2015
Great State of Texas
The Democrat Party is not as significant as you make them out to be.

Sure they are going to Impeach Trump.

But, it will cost them the House and propel the President to a Landslide victory next year.

There will be no fighting in the streets.

Sure we will continue to see domestic attacks from the Left like we saw this week against the Jewish people in Jersey City or attacks on kids like the Leftist teacher who assault to young girl this week in Michigan for wearing a Trump pin.

But, there will be no all out war.

The Democrats I predict will split up after 2020 either into different parties,or completely rebrand.

They no longer have a winning platform and they know it.

Reactions: Hognoxious

Ian Jeffrey

Council Hall
Mar 2013
Vulcan, down the street from Darth Vader
The question people should be asking isn't how a douchebag like this could be elected but rather how could a message resonate so strongly with half the population that a douchebag like this carrying it could be elected?
Those are functionally the same question.
Is half the country racist? Does anyone believe that? Xenophobic? Does anyone believe that?
Maybe, maybe not. His supporters certainly did not mind voting for someone with those (and other seemingly unpalatable) characteristics - i.e., they did not mind voting for an asshole, and indeed find it charming somehow.
Unless the real issues start to get discussed and not how despicable the messenger is....
Or how "despicable" his opposition is? The issues were being discussed before he hit the stage. Once he was up there, it became about outrage and hatred, not the issues.
... there's only two possible outcomes I can see.

Split up the country amicably or throw down in the streets.
Nothing will happen amicably.

Babba

Former Staff
Jul 2007
So. Md.
We'll have to fight it out at the ballot box and in the halls of Congress and in the courts and in the media and eventually something will give. We can't go on forever like this. I don't want to live in a country envisioned by Trump and his supporters and apparently they don't want to live in the one I and other liberals and progressives envision. It's become a very serious problem. There are no objective facts and reality anymore so it makes it almost impossible to find compromise or even to debate anything. So you tell me what the end game is.

Jan 2015
Great State of Texas
We'll have to fight it out at the ballot box and in the halls of Congress and in the courts and in the media and eventually something will give. We can't go on forever like this.

Well ....

The 12th Amendment was ratified in 1804 .... so we have "been going on like this" for over 2 centuries now.

Something tells me it's not going to change.

I don't want to live in a country envisioned by Trump and his supporters and apparently they don't want to live in the one I and other liberals and progressives envision.
There are other options.

It's become a very serious problem.
Please ..... tell us just how serious of a problem it is becoming .... :rolleyes:

There are no objective facts and reality anymore so it makes it almost impossible to find compromise or even to debate anything. So you tell me what the end game is.
Sure there are.

But, not that one would find in the Fake News MSM.

This solution is simple.

Want objective facts and realities.

Stop paying attention to the Fake News MSM.

Reactions: Hognoxious
Jan 2015
Great State of Texas
Not coming from the Trump administration or your right-wing fart media. All you have is to spew "alternative facts."
They are alternative facts for you .....

For the rest of the normal thinnking Americans they are just facts.

Allow me to give you an example.

Leftist believe the Mueller Report contains proof of Russian Collusion and Obstruction.

Normal thinking Americans understand the the FACTS are, it does not.

Leftists call that reality "alternate facts" and continue to believe their Alt Left Reality.

Dec 2006
In the Witness Protection Program
We'll have to fight it out at the ballot box and in the halls of Congress and in the courts and in the media and eventually something will give. We can't go on forever like this. I don't want to live in a country envisioned by Trump and his supporters and apparently they don't want to live in the one I and other liberals and progressives envision. It's become a very serious problem. There are no objective facts and reality anymore so it makes it almost impossible to find compromise or even to debate anything. So you tell me what the end game is.
Trump supporters are extremely angry that they have been unable to achieve anything short of complete capitulation. They see themselves as the real and true Americans and that anyone who disagrees with them doesn’t deserve to live in this country. They are dangerous extremists.

Babba

Former Staff
Jul 2007
So. Md.
Well ....

The 12th Amendment was ratified in 1804 .... so we have "been going on like this" for over 2 centuries now.

Something tells me it's not going to change.

There are other options.

Please ..... tell us just how serious of a problem it is becoming .... :rolleyes:

Sure there are.

But, not that one would find in the Fake News MSM.

This solution is simple.

Want objective facts and realities.

Stop paying attention to the Fake News MSM.
I wasn't referring to the electoral college. And no, we haven't been this divided for over 2 centuries.

The option I choose is to vote for the kind of government I want. Don't tell me I have to leave because you and your ilk have decided you want minority rule.

It's become a serious problem because our federally elected officials can't get anything done.

It's not just in news consumption that we inhabit different universes. You guys on the right have decided that you reject scientific fact because it's too inconvenient and interferes in your agenda.

Babba

Former Staff
Jul 2007
So. Md.
They are alternative facts for you .....

For the rest of the normal thinnking Americans they are just facts.

Allow me to give you an example.

Leftist believe the Mueller Report contains proof of Russian Collusion and Obstruction.

Normal thinking Americans understand the the FACTS are, it does not.

Leftists call that reality "alternate facts" and continue to believe their Alt Left Reality.
The vast majority of Americans have not read the Mueller report and so haven't a clue as to whether there was collusion or obstruction. Right wing pundits and other Trump sycophants who have read it feed people outright lies about what it and Mueller said.