What's The Point?

May 2013
Banned Camp Segregation Unit
A "redacted report." I mean, what's the point? That's like turning in my monthly report to my boss with shit blacked out - no way I get that off. Just one more thing "we the people" will lay down for from the elite.

Jul 2011
Old NYC/DMS
The point is the law and the law dictates what must be redacted and why. Is this the new talking point set up for not liking what you see tomorrow in the report?

May 2013
Banned Camp Segregation Unit
The point is the law and the law dictates what must be redacted and why. Is this the new talking point set up for not liking what you see tomorrow in the report?
I don't really give a fat rat's ass what's in it, because it's fiction anyway. I just wonder what's the point of putting out abridged fiction and calling that shit legit information. (See: Warren Report, Pentagon Papers, etc)

Jul 2011
Old NYC/DMS
I don't really give a fat rat's ass what's in it, because it's fiction anyway. I just wonder what's the point of putting out abridged fiction and calling that shit legit information. (See: Warren Report, Pentagon Papers, etc)

Different reports different laws. So you are now saying the meuller report is all fiction?

highway234

Former Staff
Feb 2010
Where'm I At, Doe?
The Pentagon Papers was pretty complete. Redactions are why you can't believe the results of any official investigations, the only time we ever actually learn anything about how the government really works is when information is leaked unofficially, the way the Pentagon Papers or the DNC emails were. This report, i think we can be quite sure, will change nothing, because anything that would actually reveal how government works will be redacted.

If the plutocrats have decided they've tired of trump, then this will have info in it that will bring him down. If not, it'll be redacted. Pretty simple.

Jul 2011
Old NYC/DMS
The Pentagon Papers was pretty complete. Redactions are why you can't believe the results of any official investigations, the only time we ever actually learn anything about how the government really works is when information is leaked unofficially, the way the Pentagon Papers or the DNC emails were. This report, i think we can be quite sure, will change nothing, because anything that would actually reveal how government works will be redacted.

If the plutocrats have decided they've tired of trump, then this will have info in it that will bring him down. If not, it'll be redacted. Pretty simple.

If in the course of an investigation there was a side investigation into you having some shading dealings with underaged prostitutes, you were not the focus of the investigation, and they didn't pursue it. it's not true but they didn't follow up on it either, so should that information be redacted?

highway234

Former Staff
Feb 2010
Where'm I At, Doe?
If in the course of an investigation there was a side investigation into you having some shading dealings with underaged prostitutes, you were not the focus of the investigation, and they didn't pursue it. it's not true but they didn't follow up on it either, so should that information be redacted?
Not for me to say. They'll redact whatever's inconvenient, and we'll have no idea what they've redacted or why. That's the point.

Jan 2015
Great State of Texas
A "redacted report." I mean, what's the point? That's like turning in my monthly report to my boss with shit blacked out - no way I get that off. Just one more thing "we the people" will lay down for from the elite.
Ask your Democrat colleagues.

It's their law to redact the report.

Ian Jeffrey

Council Hall
Mar 2013
Vulcan, down the street from Darth Vader
Trump and his administration are the subjects of the report. It is a severe conflict of interest for that same administration - i.e., Trump and his loyalists - to redact the report. It should be released in full (at least to Congress), if not leaked publicly anyway. Trump redacting a report investigating him is like a child redacting his report card for his parents' consumption - not trustworthy, and inherently dishonest.