what's your chosen political affliation, ideology and/or party?

what's your chosen political affliation ideology or party.

• American Independent Party.

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Democratic Party.

Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Green Party.

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Peace and Freedom.

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Republican Party.

Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Libertarian Party.

Votes: 6 18.2%
  • Conservative.

Votes: 14 42.4%
  • Liberal.

Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Progressive.

Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Moderate.

Votes: 16 48.5%

• Total voters

johnflesh

Former Staff
Feb 2007
Weirdo
I was a little of this and a little of that, but none of the above anymore. I'm sane.

Aug 2018
Vancouver
I was a little of this and a little of that, but none of the above anymore. I'm sane.
Yeah - I don't know any happy people who tie their personal identity to a political party,

To be fair, I don't know any unhappy people who do that either. I don't know ANYBODY on real life who does that. That is strictly something I see on TV and the Internet.

Jul 2011
UK/Australia
I've seen folks post that on several forums and other media platforms . . . can you provide some specific examples of what leads you to believe this?
Well, first off - we have no way of knowing whether the man we know as Jesus of Nazareth ever existed - the evidence is all anecdotal. However, if he existed and was the admirable person as reported; it is likely that he would have subscribed to liberal principles.

What I mean by 'liberal principles' has nothing to do with US politics. This definition by the Oxford English Dictionary gives us the relevant clues.

Liberal adj.

1 Willing to respect or accept behaviour or opinions different from one's own; open to new ideas.
‘liberal views towards divorce’

1.1 Favourable to or respectful of individual rights and freedoms.
‘liberal citizenship laws’

1.2 (in a political context) favouring individual liberty, free trade, and moderate political and social reform.
‘a liberal democratic state’
2 attributive (of education) concerned with broadening a person's general knowledge and experience, rather than with technical or professional training.
‘the provision of liberal adult education’

3 (especially of an interpretation of a law) broadly construed or understood; not strictly literal.
‘they could have given the 1968 Act a more liberal interpretation’

4 Given, used, or occurring in generous amounts.
‘liberal amounts of wine had been consumed’

4.1 (of a person) giving generously.
‘Sam was too liberal with the wine’

Noun
1 A person of liberal views.

‘a concern among liberals about the relation of the citizen to the state’
liberal | Definition of liberal in English by Oxford Dictionaries

Any educated person might consider it a compliment to be described as 'liberal'.

Dec 2018
the Heart of America
I've seen folks post that on several forums and other media platforms . . . can you provide some specific examples of what leads you to believe this?
Conservatives are tightwads. Liberals are bleeding hearts. Jesus was a Bleeding Heart; he advised divesting material things and helping those less fortunate.

Mar 2019
Oklahoma
Well, first off - we have no way of knowing whether the man we know as Jesus of Nazareth ever existed - the evidence is all anecdotal. However, if he existed and was the admirable person as reported; it is likely that he would have subscribed to liberal principles.

What I mean by 'liberal principles' has nothing to do with US politics. This definition by the Oxford English Dictionary gives us the relevant clues.

liberal | Definition of liberal in English by Oxford Dictionaries

Any educated person might consider it a compliment to be described as 'liberal'.
I believe the biggest issue related to this discussion is whether a person can separate liberal policies as you put it from current liberal US politics.

EDIT: One thing I would disagree with you on though is that according to the bible, Jesus didn't just accept any and all behavior. He wasn't shy about telling folks either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Mar 2019
Oklahoma
Conservatives are tightwads. Liberals are bleeding hearts. Jesus was a Bleeding Heart; he advised divesting material things and helping those less fortunate.

I can only speak to the churches and conservatives I've been a part of and personally known over the years but they are most definitely not tight wads.

Would you consider a church that opens up a community medical clinic and provides free medical and dental care tight wads or to not be helping out the less fortunate?

Dec 2018
the Heart of America
I can only speak to the churches and conservatives I've been a part of and personally known over the years but they are most definitely not tight wads.

Would you consider a church that opens up a community medical clinic and provides free medical and dental care tight wads or to not be helping out the less fortunate?

Do they all walk in the path of Jesus? Are they sending groups down to the border to help those people or help reunite parents with children?.....or do they just put a $5 in the pot and talk about where to go for lunch?

It depends upon the type of "medical clinic".

Sent from Mordor with the One Ring that rules them all.

Reactions: Friday13