what's your chosen political affliation, ideology and/or party?

what's your chosen political affliation ideology or party.

• American Independent Party.

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Democratic Party.

Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Green Party.

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Peace and Freedom.

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Republican Party.

Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Libertarian Party.

Votes: 6 18.2%
  • Conservative.

Votes: 14 42.4%
  • Liberal.

Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Progressive.

Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Moderate.

Votes: 16 48.5%

• Total voters

Devil505

Former Staff
Jan 2008
Florida
The base for the dems has largely been ignored for three decades at the national level..
That's strange: Even when cons had complete control of our entire government for the last 2 years they were unable to repeal Obamacare and still have nothing to replace it with.

Ian Jeffrey

Council Hall
Mar 2013
Vulcan, down the street from Darth Vader
That's strange: Even when cons had complete control of our entire government for the last 2 years they were unable to repeal Obamacare and still have nothing to replace it with.
That is because, like the wall, they do not want the thing itself; they want the issue for the election, not an accomplishment that was unachievable anyway.

Devil505

Former Staff
Jan 2008
Florida
That is because, like the wall, they do not want the thing itself; they want the issue for the election, not an accomplishment that was unachievable anyway.
A particularly nasty/Un-American goal that would hurt millions of Americans for the purpose of gaining more wealth for the 1%.

Mar 2012
New Hampshire
Are you saying that we deserve to be fleeced because of that? (that's the current Trump GOP attitude)
No but it explains why we are where we are. There was a time when each party could argue and defend a position indefinitely because they believed it. People cared. Now its more they dont really believe in it but rather want to use it as a battering ram for the other side. People now are more concerned over what the Kardashians are doing than politics.

Devil505

Former Staff
Jan 2008
Florida
No but it explains why we are where we are. There was a time when each party could argue and defend a position indefinitely because they believed it. People cared. Now its more they dont really believe in it but rather want to use it as a battering ram for the other side. People now are more concerned over what the Kardashians are doing than politics.
I blame it on poor education and lack of parental input caused by both parents having to work and the GOP's aversion to education for all but the rich.

Corporate America puts profit above this country's future and the GOP IS corporate America.

Mar 2012
New Hampshire
I blame it on poor education and lack of parental input caused by both parents having to work and the GOP's aversion to education for all but the rich.

Corporate America puts profit above this country's future and the GOP IS corporate America.
Possible but I also think making kids feel like kids until they are 30 is also largely responsible. If you are 28 and still live with your parents, why do you care about politics? Particularly at the local level? I know I was married and had kids by 22 and I damn well cared who my mayor was and who my governor was. Kids today at 22 are still "too immature" to handle these things and are treated as such. Its no wonder they dont care. Am also sure social media doesnt help.