what's your opinion about how the media covers trump?

the watchman

Former Staff
Jul 2011
becoming more and more
just now they had him on rambling for about 10 minutes before I just turned it off. He went on about hosting terrorist at Camp David, how people that we help with Dorian had better have the proper documentation, extending his 2nd term, claiming he didn't know the presidential candidates running against him (just before unleashing prepared opposition research remarks) , on and on and on, and none it made any sense. Why?

Why does the media feel the need to provide this man with a forum for his every word and his every tweet? I even heard one host repeating his new campaign slogan. No. It wasn't on Fox News . Why? He was referring to a rally that Trump is holding for another person that's running for office in North Carolina. It's not suppose to be a Trump campaign rally. So, why is the media helping Trump get his new campaign slogan out? They said nothing about the guy he's campaigning for. I had to look his name up. His name is Dan Bishop , btw. That's who Trump is campaigning for. I'd just like to know why the media covers Trump the way they do? Ratings? The bottom line? Do they have some inexplicable desire to make their viewers changed the channel? What?

Perhaps they feel it's important to provide an ongoing public assessment of his mental decline. Now that , in of itself, would certainly be a legitimate reason. It might not be what viewers want to see. Who would? The presidency takes it's toll on any president. But, in Trump's case he appears to be unraveling like a time lapse video in real time. That's most certainly worth balancing against what viewers would rather watch.

Your thoughts?

Apr 2019
down on Rue Morgue Avenue
Flame Baiting
here's a bottle of TDS pills. take two and call me in the morning.

seriously though, he sells clicks and ads and even lefties tune in to get their two minutes of hate in. Trump makes the MSM money.
the media cares nothing of most issues other than what sells. when's the last time you heard news about Australia, or India?

what's titillating sells and Trump , like him or not , is titillating.

supporters watch and yell: Yay!

haters watch and yell : Boo!

Both sides are watching and both deserve a better MSM.

Mar 2012
New Hampshire
For me its like crying wolf syndrome. They show every single thing he does and says and now its "normal." Most of my friends and colleagues in real life dont even care anymore. Which is bad in a way because if people are tuning out, if something really important were to occur, they wouldnt care or even know. By the way, saw a news report last night that said far more voters intend to watch the football game Thursday night than the debate. Thats interesting.

the watchman

Former Staff
Jul 2011
becoming more and more
For me its like crying wolf syndrome. They show every single thing he does and says and now its "normal." Most of my friends and colleagues in real life dont even care anymore. Which is bad in a way because if people are tuning out, if something really important were to occur, they wouldnt care or even know. By the way, saw a news report last night that said far more voters intend to watch the football game Thursday night than the debate. Thats interesting.
that they would have the debate on that night ? Hell yeah that's interesting .

Mar 2012
New Hampshire
that they would have the debate on that night ? Hell yeah that's interesting .
Its funny we had a friend from France over the weekend visiting and she said such a thing would never occur in Europe as their favorite sport pasttime(soccer) would never be on the same time as a political debate. She pointed out that it does appear out of touch that American politics didnt consider that.

the watchman

Former Staff
Jul 2011
becoming more and more
Its funny we had a friend from France over the weekend visiting and she said such a thing would never occur in Europe as their favorite sport pasttime(soccer) would never be on the same time as a political debate. She pointed out that it does appear out of touch that American politics didnt consider that.
she was obviously being polite .

RNG

Jan 2015
Left coast
arcturus88 has been thread banned. Please do not respond or refer to their posts.

the watchman

Former Staff
Jul 2011
becoming more and more
Yea they dont understand us at all really. I have heard so many ask "why dont your presidents attend football games?" lol
my brit friends call football soccer. They tease us about trump too. All in good fun because they hate Americans coming to the UK and being "the ugly American". Like they'll boast about how Fox News didn't do very well over there in the UK. Or call the US "the colonies ". They have an interesting perspective .;)

Jun 2013
Here
just now they had him on rambling for about 10 minutes before I just turned it off. He went on about hosting terrorist at Camp David, how people that we help with Dorian had better have the proper documentation, extending his 2nd term, claiming he didn't know the presidential candidates running against him (just before unleashing prepared opposition research remarks) , on and on and on, and none it made any sense. Why?

Why does the media feel the need to provide this man with a forum for his every word and his every tweet? I even heard one host repeating his new campaign slogan. No. It wasn't on Fox News . Why? He was referring to a rally that Trump is holding for another person that's running for office in North Carolina. It's not suppose to be a Trump campaign rally. So, why is the media helping Trump get his new campaign slogan out? They said nothing about the guy he's campaigning for. I had to look his name up. His name is Dan Bishop , btw. That's who Trump is campaigning for. I'd just like to know why the media covers Trump the way they do? Ratings? The bottom line? Do they have some inexplicable desire to make their viewers changed the channel? What?

Perhaps they feel it's important to provide an ongoing public assessment of his mental decline. Now that , in of itself, would certainly be a legitimate reason. It might not be what viewers want to see. Who would? The presidency takes it's toll on any president. But, in Trump's case he appears to be unraveling like a time lapse video in real time. That's most certainly worth balancing against what viewers would rather watch.

Your thoughts?
What's to cover? All much of the media has to do is post video tape of Trump saying or doing one thing, wait a few hours or days, then put up video tape of Trump denying or contradicting what he did?

Trump's words and actions speak for themselves. What better coverage can one get than to see a horse's as* prove it's a horse's as*?