Where is my pardon?' A victim of Joe Arpaio's reign of terror speaks out

Dec 2015
In Your Heart!
You see, there's two sides to every coin. Trump has painted Arpaio as a man who walks on water. But there are those in the actual know who see him very differently and paint a very different picture of him. They have suffered much under him and are seeking justice that they rightfully deserve to receive. They are the ones Trump should be pardoning if he really had a conscience. That would actually show class and a side to him that we have never seen and probably won't see. Don't spend your time pardoning Arpaio. Do the right thing, Mr. Trump, and pardon those people who are now speaking out about how they were unfairly mistreated and what they had to go through while under Arpaio's reign.

----------------------------------------

Where is my pardon?' A victim of Joe Arpaio's reign of terror speaks out

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/1692306
By Gabe Ortiz

"When President Trump says Arpaio is a “great American patriot” who has “done a lot in the fight against illegal immigration,” he’s talking about what he’s done to people like me. He’s talking about what he’s done to families like Katherine Figueroa who at age 9 watched her own parents arrested in a raid on a carwash on live television. He’s talking about Marty Atencio who Arpaio’s Sheriffs beat to death in a jail cell. Just like when he says there are “very fine people on both sides” of the protests in Charlottesville, he’s talking about nazis."
"The previous Department of Justice said that Arpaio is the “most egregious case of racial profiling” investigators had ever witnessed. A judge found Arpaio guilty of continuing that profiling in contempt of court orders to stop. And he’s actually guilty of much worse."
"Pardoning Arpaio would be a presidential endorsement of his racism and his flaunting of the law in pursuit of it. Whereas pardoning Arpaio’s victims would actually mean having a heart and correcting a wrong."

Ian Jeffrey

Council Hall
Mar 2013
Vulcan, down the street from Darth Vader
There is a good chance Trump cannot pardon any of them, because their offenses were against the State of Arizona rather than against the United States. The President's pardon power (U.S. Const. art. II, § 2, cl. 1) is limited to offenses against the United States. Those in (what used to be) Arpaio's jail were there for violating state law. Any pardons for them would have to be issued by the governor of Arizona.

Apr 2012
Englewood,Ohio
There is a good chance Trump cannot pardon any of them, because their offenses were against the State of Arizona rather than against the United States. The President's pardon power (U.S. Const. art. II, § 2, cl. 1) is limited to offenses against the United States. Those in (what used to be) Arpaio's jail were there for violating state law. Any pardons for them would have to be issued by the governor of Arizona.
Republicans defend states rights with a passion.

BTW,that is the same black behind him I see in every rally. On the left,with a sign.

Blues63

Dec 2014
Tatooine
Arpaio's pardon, if it happens, it will be a populist move designed to appeal to his supporters. Any belief that his decision will be based on any ethical factors is delusory.

Therefore I expect it any minute now.

May 2012
By the wall
Arpaio's pardon, if it happens, it will be a populist move designed to appeal to his supporters. Any belief that his decision will be based on any ethical factors is delusory.

Therefore I expect it any minute now.
What was Obama's motivation to pardon cocaine dealers?