Which generation are you?

Which generation do you belong to?

• Total voters
May 2013
Banned Camp Segregation Unit
And FUCK "The Greatest Generation." Greatest my ass. If we need a "greatest generation," I'd say it was the Revolutionary War generation. That so-called "Greatest Generation" left us a nothing but a clusterfuck.

Apr 2013
Alabama
And FUCK "The Greatest Generation." Greatest my ass. If we need a "greatest generation," I'd say it was the Revolutionary War generation. That so-called "Greatest Generation" left us a nothing but a clusterfuck.
true, their kids are the ones who fucked everything up. damn them for going off to fight in a world war instead of staying home and raising their kids... ;)

Feb 2010
USA
Middle 40's baby boomer, and I never considered myself in the privileged class. My mother was a housewife, and didn't go to work until after I graduated high school. My dad was a blue-collar machinist at the local shipyard.

Oct 2010
In the empty heads of the right wingers I own
Middle 40's baby boomer, and I never considered myself in the privileged class. My mother was a housewife, and didn't go to work until after I graduated high school. My dad was a blue-collar machinist at the local shipyard.
And how is it you forgot your roots?

Dec 2010
New York
yeah I was being a bit of a sourpuss. The boomers werent all bad.. for instance it was your generation as a whole that voted for and eventually had to march for civil rights, pushing those that wanted to live in the past forward. I just wish the boomers hadnt made such a mess of the economy and had fixed the out of control healthcare expenses issue earlier.
Eh, the timeline doesn't really work. Maybe some of the oldest Boomers marched for Civil Rights as young people, but they weren't really the generation responsible for it. Boomers were born from 1946 to 1964, most of the marches and passage of landmark Civil Rights legislation took place in the 50s and early 60s when the Boomers were young children or not born yet.

It was still the Greatest Generation that had the power at that point and actually achieved the major civil rights milestones. JFK and Lyndon Johnson were both of the Greatest Generation, as were most of the Senators and Congresspeople who passed the Civil Rights legislation. The people who elected them and marched for civil rights were mostly of either the Greatest Generation or the Lost Generation.

The first national election in which every Baby Boomer could take part was the 1984 49-state Republican landslide for Ronald Reagan, which is kinda indicative as to what their political legacy will be.

Jun 2010
South Florida
hah! PH Poll says Boomers still rule PH.. err, or atleast did back in 2013. We have a bunch of new members now so lets see how it goes :)

Which generation do you belong to?
  • The Lost Generation
    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Greatest
    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Boom
    Votes: 29 46.0%
  • X
    Votes: 19 30.2%
  • Y
    Votes: 10 15.9%
  • Z