Whitaker, new acting AG, public Trump defender & Mueller detractor--must RECUSE himself. (Member of RW Koch funded group to attack DEMS)

Dec 2014
Brisbane, Qld. Australia
Site issues - haven't noticed.
Hmmm...it's only this site. I wonder how it could be my laptop or my browser? Maybe the new platform doesn't like IE9?

For obstruction of justice, yes, I suppose, if Trump got a mole put into the investigation to introduce some false evidence or otherwise taint the investigation.

Pretty sure if the boss walks in and says "show me your cards", that it wouldn't qualify.

No, I didn't mean that. I was referring to the sackings and threats to Mueller regarding the investigation - not his person of course. Politics is all about how actions and words are perceived by the electorate and he is pushing the boundaries with the voters who may be closer to the fence than his main base.

Jul 2015
Florida
For obstruction of justice, you need a crime that was obstructed from being justly prosecuted.

Just like you can't be arrested for resisting arrest. You have to be under arrest for there to be the addition of resisting arrest.
The act of subverting, lying about, blocking the investigation OF a crime is the crime. Especially when any of these are done at the federal level.

Jul 2015
Florida
Site issues - haven't noticed.

For obstruction of justice, yes, I suppose, if Trump got a mole put into the investigation to introduce some false evidence or otherwise taint the investigation.

Pretty sure if the boss walks in and says "show me your cards", that it wouldn't qualify.
WHITAKER is the mole. "Eyes and ears for Trump at Justce" was repeated well into the night.

Jul 2013
Nashville, TN
John Newton Mitchell (September 15, 1913 – November 9, 1988) was the 67th Attorney General of the United States (1969–1972) under President Richard Nixon. ... Due to multiple crimes he committed in the Watergate affair, Mitchell was sentenced to prison in 1977 and served 19 months.
History repeats itself....

Jul 2015
Florida
Could it not apply to attempted manipulation of an investigation? Wow, these pages are all over the place today. Is anyone else having problems with the page size and it being too far to one side? I have to keep refreshing the page to centre it.
My screven was pale pale pale. Barely readable. I thought something was screwy about the tablet. Humm
Could it not apply to attempted manipulation of an investigation? Wow, these pages are all over the place today. Is anyone else having problems with the page size and it being too far to one side? I have to keep refreshing the page to centre it.
Yes.

Mar 2010
Indiana
How do we expect him to recuse himself when the president thinks he is above the law and can do whatever he pleases? And his party just sits by and enables him. I say a lot of bad things may happen between now and when the democrats take control of the house in January. A lot of damage can be done in two months.

OTOH I do believe Mueller is smarter than Trump and probably his whole Whitehouse staff combined. I have no doubt he has had a contingency plan in place some time ago. It was pretty obvious that Trump was going to fire Sessions and do whatever he can to obstruct of close the investigation on him.